General Crap Nankang Tyres

Currently reading:
General Crap Nankang Tyres

Got my Goodyears - so now Goodyears all round - what a difference (y)

I had another set of 2 new yokohama a 539 tyres fitted yesterday and well what more could I want. They are in the 175/50 r13 variety and seem to offer outstanding grip in all weather conditions and can certainly along with a sport suspension set up supply you with traction and grip to beat basically anything this side of a supercar! I have tried nearly all of the other varieties pirelli, nankang, goodyear and bridgestone and none compares to these, but everybody has their opinion and are entitled to it!

Just noticed that my front tyres are Nankang Ultra Sport Kerbgrinders... Cant wait until they wear down enough for my Bridgestone Potenzas to come from the rear. They are 195/55R15 which are bigger than spec for the Tipo - should be 195/50R15

hmm great. I just had some put on mine last month.... :(

I've got P600 175 50 R14's on my Sei Sporting (Two new front ones fitted this morning) they seem pretty good to me but as I'm new to these cars I've not driven them with anything else fitted.

For 13" wheel owners I would recomend the Yoko's every time. I've run them on 13" and 12" rimmed minis for years and they are awesome, especially the cut slick yet road legal ones!

As for Nankangs I had a pair of 205 R15's on my old MKII Golf Gti and found them to be ok but I think "Horses for courses" rule applies with tyres as mentioned above.

Horney said:
I've got P600 175 50 R14's on my Sei Sporting (Two new front ones fitted this morning) they seem pretty good to me but as I'm new to these cars I've not driven them with anything else fitted.

:eek: You put the new tyres on the front!
You wanna be puting them on the back mate and the backs on the front. Don't wanna start another big thread about this, its all been said b4 but simply put you always want the newer ones on the back so that the back doesn't snap away when cornering hard. Use the search and i'm sure you'll find loads on this

blu73 said:
:eek: You put the new tyres on the front!
You wanna be puting them on the back mate and the backs on the front. Don't wanna start another big thread about this, its all been said b4 but simply put you always want the newer ones on the back so that the back doesn't snap away when cornering hard. Use the search and i'm sure you'll find loads on this

Not on a front wheel drive car you don't, if the back snaps away from you in a Cinq/Sei i suggest that you go learn how to drive.

Ha ha I'm used to getting the back end out in the mini by chucking it in the bends but the Sei just doesn't want to do it as it understeers waaaaay more than the mini. You could probably get the arse end out if you ran nice wide and sticky tyres on the front.

Anyhoo the rears I've got on at the moment are nearly new but the fronts had worn badly on the inside as the last (and clearly lazy) owner not had the tracking set properly.

Nick

Back