Crap drivers on the M60!!!!

Currently reading:
Crap drivers on the M60!!!!

pilotho

I don't know if this is the right forum but I have to get this off my chest!

Twice in 2 days have I seen really crap driving on the M60, both nearly caused accidents. Then again I wouldn't call those crashes accidents as they would have been caused by really crap judgement.

First one was a young lady in her Fiesta joining at the junction by Stockport. She was stuck behind 2 lorries doing 40mph so she decided to come out onto the middle lane doing 40mph without any mirror checks because otherwise she would have seen me doing 70mph down the middle lane!!!!!!

Secondly, this old man in his Jag doing 55mph on the middle lane when the inside lane is completely clear!!!! Ironically, it was at the same junction but the anti clockwise direction. The cheeky thing gave me Vs cause I flashed him! :mad:

I think it's time that drivers get training on motorways during their driving lessons and every 10 years after they've passed.

I think it's time that drivers get training on motorways during their driving lessons and every 10 years after they've passed.

I agree that there should be motorway training as part of your driving lessons but I'm not sure about regular re-training.
If the Gov. don't want learners on motorways then instructors should take their pupils out onto dual carriageways regularly.
There are unfortunatly crap drivers everywhere :(

I don't know if this is the right forum but I have to get this off my chest!

Twice in 2 days have I seen really crap driving on the M60, both nearly caused accidents. Then again I wouldn't call those crashes accidents as they would have been caused by really crap judgement.

First one was a young lady in her Fiesta joining at the junction by Stockport. She was stuck behind 2 lorries doing 40mph so she decided to come out onto the middle lane doing 40mph without any mirror checks because otherwise she would have seen me doing 70mph down the middle lane!!!!!!

Secondly, this old man in his Jag doing 55mph on the middle lane when the inside lane is completely clear!!!! Ironically, it was at the same junction but the anti clockwise direction. The cheeky thing gave me Vs cause I flashed him! :mad:

Personally I think middle (and outer lane) hogs should be clamped down on and fined heavily. They alone contribute to a lot of congestion and bunching up on motorways that then lead to accidents. I had the same thing the other night on the M40 - complete clowns sitting in the middle lane of an empty motorway forcing drivers who did adhere to lane discipline to have to cross four lanes of traffic to get past them :bang:

And the worst one is between Staples corner and junction 1 and 2 of the M1. There's big signs saying on that stretch that say "Keep left unless overtaking". But do any of the incompetent drivers take notice? Blithering idiots :mad:

Last edited:
i once followed some old people onto the motorway who were driving a yaris.

the slip road onto it is a double laned one so that you can overtake should the other guy be going to slow etc :rolleyes:

he acclerated to about 30mph down the sliproad and would not go any faster, whilst he straddled the white line in the middle of the sliproad meaning i couldnt get past :bang:

pulling onto the motorway at 30mph is not a good scenario to be in.

On the same streched of the m18 near doncaster, in the same month i was nearly in 2 collisions becuase of other drivers. The first one, i was overtaking a merc sprinter, a polish one left hand drive and a car in front of him in the left hand lane was closing up but he still had like 400mm left and he just indicated and pulled out as i was say 3 foot past his back end and so he obvously didnt use his mirrors. I was over the rumble strip for the middle armco barrier coz he forced me to far right and say 1 and a half foot away from it.
And 2 this one blaggs me, i was in the left hand lane and a say 40's lady in a merc came past me in the right lane and just indicated and just pulled into the left lane while we was side by side? WTF is she blind? I was forced into the hard shoulder, on both occasions i beeped at them when they were doing it and still they want to kill me.
And the moral of this story is to keep and eye out.

training on motorways for the test?
anyone that has passed their test recently will know that you have to be pretty good anyway to just pass! therefore recently passed drivers will almost always be better on the motorway than the idiots that drive in the middle- even with no training whatsoever, at least thats what i would think, as long as they knew the theory....

whats the average age of those who do 50 in middle lane? well everyone i have seen doing this have been well over 40!

if they put a few more questions in the theory test about motorway driving.... after all, its NOT HARD to grasp the principle of keeping to the left(and M-S-M) if you already know how to drive on normal roads...

constant re-training? that would be a complete waste of time for those who are responsible drivers, and would create yet more tax-draining beaurocracy (sp)
although i can see why it would be a good idea for the small minority...

There are a lot of girls who lack confidence in driving and on the motorway in particular and if you ask me, it's people like that who haven't got a clue :bang: I agree the current test isn't easy though, think the pass rate is at about 40% now :eek:

i taught myself to drive on the motorway.

i had a choice, i could either come back through york, or i could come back via the m1 and m62 :p

i chose the motorway route. had only past my test about 4 days before. its basically the same as a dual carriageway except it has an extra lane :D

i did al my mirror checks correctly, signalled correctly, used lane discipline etc etc. i even stuck to the speed limit :p

now i drive a little bit faster on the motorway, but still try to do it well

modern day driving isn't about looking where your going its all about predicting what stupid things others around you are going to do:rolleyes:

reading the road (y)

seeing that the car in front of the car infront of you is going to turn off soon, and slowing up for that meaning you dont have to break hard.

seeing the old dears about to cross the road infront of you.

seeing where the person in the car park is about to go.

seeing that you are about to pass a left hand drive lorry who might want to suddenly pull into your lane

I've been told by quite a few people that I'm a good driver, and I'm 18 years old.

I'd be marked down with 7 minors on my test, which I was pretty stumped by because I expected to get 4 or 5 at worst.

The test does seem a little less unforgiving than I'd imagined.

I've seen drivers do some incredibly dangerous things in the 5 months I've been driving, to the point where I feel wishing they'd crash into me to prove a point on their lack of sense.

middle lane hoggers :bang:

especially at night!! im forever changing lanes, keeping in the lane to my left if it's empty. then you come across somebody doing 65 in the middle lane, i just blatt around them and pull straight back into the slow lane :p

if i'm that bored on my way home, i let them overtake me, and then i do it again :D

Last edited:
i taught myself to drive on the motorway.

i had a choice, i could either come back through york, or i could come back via the m1 and m62 :p

i chose the motorway route. had only past my test about 4 days before. its basically the same as a dual carriageway except it has an extra lane :D

i did al my mirror checks correctly, signalled correctly, used lane discipline etc etc. i even stuck to the speed limit :p

now i drive a little bit faster on the motorway, but still try to do it well

textbook perfect! wish all drivers were the same!
my da taught me...

an T is right, flaming poor driving means its like a constant hazard perception test, even a whole mile away from the vehicles in front....

its basically the same as a dual carriageway except it has an extra lane :D

a motorway is a dual carriageway

a dual carriageway can have one lane each side, like any normal road, but if the lanes are seperated it's a dual carriageway. It doesn't have to have an overtaking lane. You can get single carriageway roads with 2 lanes each side of the centre white line.

some motorways only have 2 lanes each side

the difference between motorway dual carriageways and other dual carriageways is that you must have a full licence, you can't stop and you can't make U turns.

Worst driving i've seen? oyyyyy.....

on the M4 travelling back to work in yorkshire from cardiff (family home) on the 6th of this month, i was in the outside lane (which anything bigger than a van ain't allowed if memory serves) UTTERLY clear for miles, when a coach in the middle lane decides to pull out just as I'm about to pass him (at about 70 ish ;) ). there was only inches, mabye a foot to spare! I s**t meself and floor the brake (thinking "Uh-Oh!" to put it politely) I ended up having to cut across a car in the middle lane just to be able to avoid a nasty (possible lethal) crash. Christ, I was so shaken I had to stop. The guy in the car which I cut up stopped too and asked if I was ok and gave me a bit of his thermos'd brew. we ended up spending ages talking about it, and what should happen to this (obviously) superior bell of a coach driver.

And I thought I was a dodgy driver! (even though I have nigh on everything up to C+E minus buses etc.)

i will happily drive down the busiest motorway, in the worst weather, somewhere abroad.

but the one thing i hate is the mini roundabout in the village i live in :eek:

Back