Technical Crankshaft sensor location

Currently reading:
Technical Crankshaft sensor location

hamagram

Greetings all.
Can anyone tell me the location for the cranshaft sensor on a 98 Bravo 147 GHT ?. Is it under the top timing belt cover, if so its undo the bottom engine mount and lift and drop the engine to access the bolts on the cover?. Have searched around for the location. Need the car for the morning and got the sensor on its way.
ps..Have i got to undo the power steering belt and alternator?
Many thanks

The sensor is located on the back of the engine under the starter motor.
Quite a simple job but youll need to be quite dextorous.
Crawl under the car to the back of the engine. Shine a light through the gap to the right of the exhaust and bulkhead up the back of the engine. Youll see the connector held into a plastic tie bracket. undo this , then use a flat screwdriver to push in the metal clip on the connector. Youll probably have to do this one handed, its more than a bit fiddly.Pull the connector out, being careful not to put strain on the wires. Then trace the wire to under the starter motor. Its held in by a 5mm allen head screw. Undo the screw and prize out the sensor. Its hard to see but dont leave the O ring in the hole.
Ps..Make sure you get the correct sensor. I ordered one that turned out to have a 2 pin connector whereas for my hgt it should have had 3. Might be worth checking before you order.
The Bosch part numbers are:
2 pin connector: 0 261 210 160
3 pin connector: 0 281 002 102

Hope that helps someone

Back