Technical crank and flywheel lighten and balancing in yorkshire region??

Currently reading:
Technical crank and flywheel lighten and balancing in yorkshire region??

Hi all

Just wondering if any body knows any places that will lighten and balance my crank shaft and flywheel within the Yorkshire region

Closest iv found so far is Birmingham which is fairly far and will cost a lot of fuel to get to and back
Hope u don't mind me posting here just il get a better response as a lot of you do many modifications and engine conversions :)

Cheers
Brin

Dnt matter...iv been advised by the only place I found that it is not a good idea to lighten the crank for a road car and even if they do they won't get very much weight off a punto one....I cam get flywheel lightened and all bottom end balanced from anywhere :)

I don't think anyone has done a full balance on a bottom end for a tub. As it's not going to be revving higher, it may be a spend you don't need. Member Brooky does flywheel lightening, but you need to use the Punto 1.4 16v flywheel and clutch on most high boost tubs (only Tricker seems to have gotten away without one).

Yeah there's not alot to take off the crank, could get it knife edged tho,

flywheels you can get down to around 3.5kg unless you make a steel one and could probably get another kilo off

Just to say, I got 2 flywheels for 2 different cars lighten by brooky. One went through loads of auto-test with no problem. The other is on my everyday car, again nothing has went wrong :).

Well worth it, if he's got the time do it!!!

Anyone know if there is any diff between a 1.2 16v fly wheel and a 1.4 16v flywheel ?

All i know is the 1.2 16v flywheel is bigger than the 8v.

Ming

Yes hopefully he will have the time just awaiting a reply :) I need someone like brooky as I know he will do a good job by all the feedback I get on here...other places are not willing to lighten the flywheel by that much either :(

My mate can balance the pistons and rods at work...he said he can also lighten the pistons themselves do you this is a good idea or should I just have them balanced?

My mate can balance the pistons and rods at work...he said he can also lighten the pistons themselves do you this is a good idea or should I just have them balanced?

just have the whole engine balanced. But if someone is doing your crank pistons/rods, then they might as well do your crank at the same time.

May be ask brooky to do all of them ?

Ming

Yeh everything is getting balanced by this engineering company in York just want to know if lightening the pistons is a good idea or wether to leave it and just have them balanced...I dnt want to lighten the pistons if they are going to give problems as I don't want to be stripping back down if there no good :)

Im just unsure if lighter.ing pistons for a turbo conversion will be any good like will they loose there strength ect..

Back