CRACKLY DOOR

Currently reading:
CRACKLY DOOR

D

DA BOMB

WHENEVER I OPEN MY DRIVER SIDE DOOR IT MAKES A REALLY LOUD CRACKING NOISE. IT SEEMS TO COME FROM THE HINGE ON THE DOOR. THE INDENTS IN THE METAL PIECE WHICH HOLDS THE DOOR SEEM FINE I RHINK I HAVE ALREADY PUT WD-40 ON THEM BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK. I HAVE NOTICED THOUGH ON THE HINGE THAT WHENEVER I OPEN AND CLOSE THE DOOR THE METALS SEEMS TO DIG INTO THE HINGE.

THIS ISN'T VERY CLEAR BUT IF ANYONE HAS ENCOUNTERED SIMIALR PROBS PLEASE COULD YOU HELP. BECAUSE MY DOOR SOUNDS LIKE ITS GONNA SNAP OFF WNENEVER I OPEN OR CLOSE IT

door

the door stay bar do snaped and damage the door
fiat replaced it and repiared door.ok now

Doors

My driver side door does not say open, unlike the rest where you feel a small click and the door holds open.
From the link above i found this:
"The door strut simply holds the door open at 3/4 or full opening and stops it flapping about"

Will adjusting / tightening this help with this problem?

re crackly door

Probably the pin which connects the retaining bar with the car body is broken. Mine did the same cracking noise untill it broke all together. If you see the little pin move it is broken, it should sit firm in its place. Btw it is cheap to resolve.

COULD BE

YEH I THINK IT COULD BE THAT PROBLEM. I HOP MY DOOR DOESN'T FALL OFF. HOW MUCH DID IT COST TO REPLACE THE HINGE/RETAINING BAR? IT SOUNDS VERY LOUD WHENEVER I OPEN THE DOOR. VERY MUCH LIKE A SNAPPING NOISE. I THINK THE RETAINING BAR IS DIGGING INTO THE HINGE. IS THAT WHAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM?

Check strap

I had the same problem last year - the check strap had stapped around the bolt holes inside the door and so was banging about and making a loud crack everytime the door was openned and closed without holding the door open. The new part (somewhere around £20 from a dealer if I remember correctly) has been redesigned with reinforcement across the attachement points.
JamesO

I had a similar problem. I found there were 2 allen screws which had worked loose, causing the door retainer to move about inside the door. 2 minutes with an allen key tightened things up and all is well now.

IS HAS DONE THE TRICK!!!

I HAVE TIGHTENED THE BOLTS WITH THE ALLAN KEY AND IT HAS SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR THE TIME BEING. THANKS FOR YOU HELP. IS THIS A SHORT TERM FIX TO A LONG TERM PROBLEM??

!

Don't want to appear smug but that was what was on the Fix a bravo site! Why didn't you look there? Do I need to make things easier to find, let me know where its falling down so I can improve it.

N

creaky door

I had the same problom on my Bravo it was the 2 bolts holding the hinge on the door they had worked loose, remove the black plastic grommets the bolts will be visable you will need a torx type socket to fit the bolt

Re: creaky door

Mr Bomb, do you think you could use lower-case in this forum? You're hurting my eyes.

Back