couple of photos of Chii

Currently reading:
couple of photos of Chii

arc

this is where i stand
had the car in bits, well the dash anyway for a while - nothing to really see, but i've taken a few photos anyway :)

Top view of the engine, nicely painted inlet manifold, head, block and waterpipe

top_view.jpg

Yes, i need a new air filter

old_filter.jpg

GT fan switch is wired up to this, means i can override and have the fans on when i want!

fan_relay.jpg

Plenty of exhaust sealant goo on the spacer join

spacer_goo.jpg

blurry picture, but another relay inside - switched by the igntion. means i now have a radio that goes with ignition, same deal with the cig sockets

dash_relay.jpg

suitable power feed for the head unit, and other dash bits and pieces

dash_aux_feed.jpg

and the overheat light

overheat.jpg

no photos of the outside, it's a state!

TurboCinqy said:
mate youre a genius! :slayer: what does the powerfeed thing for the stereo do? any different to standard?

Craig

Just means the wiring is less resisitve, and as its driven off a relay, the battery connection is direct to the battery and therefor a cleaner source - which can only be a good thing (y)

Looking good mark, love the painted inlet manifold, never thought of that one before!

ta people (y)

cinqs dont really normally have overheat lights.
They have a gap at the end where one could be wired to. but no bulb, or wiring.
I have GT fan switch. Two stage switch. Stage 1 brings the fan on at 87 i think. Stage 2 has no use on a cinq, so i wired to a light on the dash. So at 90c that light comes on. The car isn't really overheating but it is hotter than my car normally runs, so there is in my opinion overheating.

So basically if the car is running even slightly over what it should - light comes on and draws my attention to it - i'm not having my posh cylinder head warped!

Think Luke covered the power feed question rather well (y)

Inlet manifold i thought looked pretty snazzy too, not seen one painted like that before - this was it before it was fitted:

http://tackycheese.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5633

Back