couple of photos from me

Currently reading:
couple of photos from me

arc

this is where i stand
I've been out to play this week, the camera took a bit of back seat but i managed to get some good shots of a few sites. C&C and appriecated.

1>
scary_chair_800.jpg

2>

xray_800.jpg

3>

delay_dials_800.jpg

4>

button_800.jpg

5>

looking_down_silo_800.jpg

6>

pipe_800.jpg

i think i got a bit caried away with selective colours when processing these!

Excellent mate, gotta love that top one purely for it's "OMG WTF went on in this place" scheme, the lighting really sets that question up too because if it was pic with the chair well lit it would take a lot of that impact away, very spooky in a real way.

Number 5 arc, that one really messed with my head, for a good 20 seconds I couldn't work out what was going on, I was thinking, are they paint pots down there or something, then I realised it was taken from so far up a building that most people would have stained their pants just thinking about it. :rolleyes: :bang: Is that taken from some sort of water tower arc ?

Excellent mate, gotta love that top one purely for it's "OMG WTF went on in this place" scheme, the lighting really sets that question up too because if it was pic with the chair well lit it would take a lot of that impact away, very spooky in a real way.

thanks :) i know what you mean re the lighting, i took some differently exposed shots from that angle and tried blending them to expose the chair a bit more - but it took away some of the impact by doing that, so i didn't :)

Number 5 arc, that one really messed with my head, for a good 20 seconds I couldn't work out what was going on, I was thinking, are they paint pots down there or something, then I realised it was taken from so far up a building that most people would have stained their pants just thinking about it. :rolleyes: :bang: Is that taken from some sort of water tower arc ?

hehe, yeah. It's taken from the top of sugar silo. Looking down on what used to be the production floor of a large sugar refinery. It's around 230ft up, and impossible to climb without getting covered in sugar!

i like the hospital one with the x-ray sign. thats really cool. where do you find all these places?! lol

cheers, that one has had the levels played with to loose the colour on all but green. works quite well i feel :) erm, find these places all over - just gotta look harder :cool:

I want the xray sign :)

well, you can't :p :D

Did you climb the ladder on the outside then arc ?

:eek:

If so, how on earth did you get to do that :eek: do they not take the bottom section off for safety, in case some nut job trys to climb it to take pictures or something ? :D ;)

i think that might be the very reason part of it is missing... :D

climbed an internal set of ladders / through some machinary in a tower that runs next to it and then went out across the silo tops.. then climbed them too..

top_silo_roof.jpg

that external ladder faces outward, even if it was intact.. no.. just no - not without safety gear!

Great photos. I'm not good with heights, so no. 5 was a bit of a OMFG moment.

Hope you don't go wandering around in old buildings on your own though.. there was a story in the local paper a little while back of a teenage kid who let himself into an old hotel that had been abandoned for years (not to take photos, I guess).

Long story short, he fell through a rotten floor, broke both legs and had to drag himself out. He got found at the outskirts of the site a couple of days later by some passers by, near as dammit dead. He lost both legs but he's still alive and has learnt a lesson he'll never forget.

Go careful out there, y'all..

Cheers,

Plug

Great photos. I'm not good with heights, so no. 5 was a bit of a OMFG moment.

Hope you don't go wandering around in old buildings on your own though..
Go careful out there, y'all..

Cheers,

Plug

cheers :)

not to worry, i don't explore many places alone for that very reason. I place my safety quite highly, always make sure when i'm in places like this that someone who is not with us knows where i am, and i have a time to call them to check in.

That place is amazing arc, there's nothing like that round here. I'm not sure I'd take the risk still, I'd be too concerned of rotten steps, supports, flooring, you name it. Top marks for your nerve mate (y)

Back