Council Dispute

Currently reading:
Council Dispute

I have exactly the same problem with my drive, it must be entered in reverse and at least a 30 - 40 digree angle.

Cannot drive forwards into it as the Tipo Overhang is long, cannot reverse straight into it for the same reason.

I'll write to my council to complain to, as when people park to close to my drive sometimes I cannot reverse into it sideways as there is no room (n)

If I drove a Ferrari they could not say it is impratical. Its my money, I earned it and I spend it how I see fit.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said already.
The council ar required by law to make sure there is always a certain amount of clearance. As long as they are withing that limit they are right to say it is not there responsibility. I have the same trouble with a hump behing my house, which was perfectly clearable before I lowered and modded my car, but unless taken at a pathetic angle I couldn't get over it with the lowered stilo. Gave me a lot of hassles with the tracking. Council would not budge, I can't even have it smoothed over (n)

Catch my genuine front Fiat mudflaps all the time on all sorts of weird and wonderful 'calming' abominations in tarmacadam and my suspension is stock :( Last time ex. wife fell down a hole in tha pavement outside daughters playgroup, she rang to complain and the next day I went back to take photos with a veiw to claiming reimbursement for her ruined trousers and they had filled it :eek: I know... suprising but quite sure it was an isolated incident of prompt repair :rolleyes:

Now an update to the saga ppl a further phone call has now made them change direction now its not a trip hazard for pedestrians so tough and last night June noticed that a neighbour across the road has had theirs resurfaced so I went over and knocked the door to inquire if the run in had been causing damage to their cars and WHO paid the cost of the repair THE ANSWER I recieved was no it wasnt damaging their cars and the COUNCIL repaired the tarmac as they considered it a trip hazzard he said he personaly didnt think it was butone day a council guy turned up sprayed some yellow paint here and there and a few weeks later they turned up and relayed the surface so it seems that I need to get some paint and a pick axe and modify the run in :p :D well dont that take the pee (n)

Have you not got any pictures of the problem driveway/ pavement? It would be a lot easier to tell whether if it is in infringement of council bylaws if we could actually see it. Might also help in that others who've faced the same problem and got it dealt with could compare it with their case and then tell you where you stand and what you need to do.

I was about to say, not just modified cars, but super cars and most sports cars are pretty damn low, well look what happened on top gear:eek: . You pay council tax, you pay road tax, I think its only fair that your car should be able to get about without getting beached/damaged, although every speedbump really tests your suspension, so time upon time (there are 36, yes 36 between my uni halls and uni, and no way of avoiding them, well there is, but then theres more like 50:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: instead) it wrecks your car, and TBH the people that fly around like a holes STIll fly around like A holes because they don't care/stolen cars.(n)

Back