Could be my first points...

Currently reading:
Could be my first points...

Driving home I spotted 3 youths (14ish) on pushbikes riding on the grass of the A19 central reservation. At this point the A19 is a 3 lane, 70mph road with usually at least one crash per day - maybe more given the conditions. I pull off and am looking for somewhere to stop safely to call the police, when I spot a patrol car parked up.. Great I think.. Drive upto it and explain the situation to the driver, they then head off to investigate.

Then I realise what they've been doing - clicking speeds down the road I've just driven down. I don't think I was speeding but its a wide open dual carriageway 40mph, nothing by the sides of the road to judge speeds on, and I was too busy looking for somewhere to stop - rather than checking the speedo. I'll be gutted if I get done for a couple mph over when I was only there because I was trying to save 3 kids from being wiped out. :bang:

Do they usually record and inform by post with these mobile devices, or do they use them to clock someone being daft then pull them over?

May get lucky, they could of clocked you, then you approach them doing a good deed so it could be rescinded?

Anyway I thought most Patrol cars parked up aren't zapping drivers who are creeping over the limit, assumed they are looking for the dangerous and wreckless drivers?

[edit] Plus don't they have to pull you up anyway with the handgun to show you the speed?

I know how you feel

got the dreaded double flash from a camera on the a406 and now i'm watching my letterbox with dread. I'm just hoping its run out of film and not those new digital types(n)

oh right sorry mis-understood i dont think they have the facility to actually photograph the car reg and speed so i doubt you will get points i would asume there would go after anyone doing stupid speeds but a few miles and hour they might not bother

I reckon he would have said something there and then if he had caught you :)

Back