Cotswolds again! - the perfect setting

Currently reading:
Cotswolds again! - the perfect setting

Thought i'd go for a nice drive around the cotswolds (just up the road a mile or two) while it was nice and sunny. Pity the stupid sign was in the way on the first photo.
STA60084s.jpg

STA60073s.jpg

STA60082s.jpg

STA60077s.jpg

STA60079s.jpg

STA60081s.jpg

Matt

Last edited:
I've always driven past the old viaduct but never been near it so i thought to myself why not today? Some people don't even know its there. (Sorry i have a fasination with old railways and bridges :D).
Some non fiat snaps:
STA60072s.jpg

STA60086s.jpg

Sammi: we're on the Broadway side of the Cotswolds (Stanton, Snowshill etc.).
Group 4 also have a nice headquarters on one of the hills too.

Matt

Last edited:
sammiboo said:
I been in the wolds loads of times... someone I used to know lives in Charlton Kings so we used to go out for weekend drives. Went to Birdland too. That was cool :)
(y) Where abouts is Birdland? - can't say i've heard of it. If you ever get the change to go to Stow on the wold or Morton in Marsh there are some beautiful roads around there. Including the Fossway.

Here's a map that might help some of you get your bearings
Cotswold%20Map_36.jpg

Matt

One question; can anyone tell me (and this is a non fiat question) why viaducts always seem to have suicidal holes along the top (on the photo you can see two) - is this for signaling?

I wanted to go along the top of the viaduct but thought better not - and by the way there is no track along. So technically not illegal is it?

Matt

Last edited:
Well I never new you had been down my way Sammi :eek:

Nice area Charlton Kings(y)

Lived in and around Cheltenham all my life so I know the cotswolds pretty well and I love it wouldn't move away for anything.

Oh and come on Cheltenham Town against Newcastle United on Saturday live on BBC1

Edit : Matt How about a FF southern meet at birdland ?

Ah, my stomping ground!!

I get to travel the whole of the shire in my capacity as a Network Support engineer.

Fish Hill from Broadway to Moreton on the Marsh. Such fun

Back