General Cost of fixing tyre

Currently reading:
General Cost of fixing tyre

markirish

Someone put a screw into my tyre of my alloy overnight while was parked in my garden. Just wondering anyone know the cost of getting it replaced in dublin? Not sure if tyres have tubes anymore so no idea of cost :cool:

Depends if its close to the edge of the tyre, a back street tyre fitter will prob fix it for £5-£10.

Ahh brilliant :p Always taught the tyres would have too be replaced and would be really expensive.

might be kinda random for me to say.. but.. the cheapest and easiest way to get it replaced... DIY
buy a cheap tyre from scrappies.. ive bought tyres, brand new off spare wheels .. max £15 (pirellis that were originally meant to be £75 each)
get one of ur mates that drives, put ur wheel on the ground, alloy face up. deflate the tyre!!!!
drive over the tyre with the other car to break the seal of the tyre, mind the alloy though ;)
in all fairness i dont know if a car would do, me n my dad used his works forklift to do it, but cant see why a car wouldn't work lol.
from then on its just like replacing a tyre on a bike.hope this helps anyone..

Last edited:
its right in the middle and just found out its illegal for companies too do it for you in ireland. Think your allowed too do it yourself though

:confused: thats mad, a mushroom in the middle should be fine

plugmethod-img.gif

thats mad,
lol., and also not true., you can have it repaired and it will cost you about 8-10 euro mark., i use a tire shop up near croke park where the new jurys hotel is.,(y)

drive over the tyre with the other car to break the seal of the tyre

lol., you couldnt do that to an alloy, it would be demolished., i know they do it with big 4x4s but they have really high profile tires so its a lot easier.,.,(y)

Is it only small places that will do it? i rang up fast fit who are the ones who said was illegal :cool: and another company that would come out and fix the car wouldnt do the plug would only do a tire

the only part there not allowed to fix is when the puncture or damage is on the sidewall of the tire., if its in the centre then it can be fixed., what size is the tire anyway?..,

lol., you couldnt do that to an alloy, it would be demolished., i know they do it with big 4x4s but they have really high profile tires so its a lot easier.,.,(y)[/QUOTE]

done it with all my alloys no problem...

Last edited:
Back