General Cost of Dobby low mileage service

Currently reading:
General Cost of Dobby low mileage service

french bean

Bye Stilo, Hello Doblo
Mrs Bean's Dobby is due an annual service, she's only done 4.5k in the last year and the total mileage is 7.5k on an 06 plate. This requires a low mileage service.

Phoned up Rockingham cars who do my MW and they quoted £140.00 after 10% discount applied for a car over 3 years old. Phoned a local garage that I use for one off's who have a very good reputation and offer very good levels of customer service. The difference - £15 in favour of the independant. A lot smaller than I was expecting and bear in mind Rockingham are a main dealer who are able to do recalls and have manufacturer trained Techies, a real eye opener. If it were me I'd stick with the dealer because they are good but with Mrs Bean - I think she likes the £15;)

Mrs Bean's Dobby is due an annual service, she's only done 4.5k in the last year......This requires a low mileage service at
£140.00/QUOTE]

Mine is in on Monday for the same annual service - not expecting to pay that much if last years is anything to go by - fingers crossed they ain't reading this!

Thats it now - last official service done by Fiat the rest will be at my own hand. £144 for an annual service - better than what they said initially at £246 (mistake over the oil costs!!!)

They added on Diesel treatment part number 46003031 and an engine flush 46003032 (not requested and suspect not done but prove it) and £7 for disposal of oil which I know is collected free of charge by companies that recycle same for burning in the power industry. The cheekiest was a charge for topping up the washer bottle - done by me before it went in!

Anyone know which bits of a future service will require special kit from Fiat so I can start saving up now?

still requires hire/purchase of expensive storage tanks until it is collected (normally monthly)

T - a good point but not £7 going on what other garages charge.

Any thoughts on what additional kit I will need to DIY the next services apart from the gizmo to reset service levels?

Back