General Cost of a rear window for 2007 panda?

Currently reading:
General Cost of a rear window for 2007 panda?

Hi
My rear window got broken. How much does a brand new heated rear window for a 2007 panda usually cost at the cheapest?

a stone from a lawnmower smashed mine

I got a second hand one from the breakers I had a choice £50 in the wrong colour or £60 in the correct

There is no break in the wiring. You have to take the old wiring out and feed it into the replacement hatch

Was broken by a kid in our street but his parents have agreed to pay the bill.

Just call a couple of local windscreen companies and ask for quotes. More important than price, is availability. No point waiting a week for a £10 saving.

If the kid's parents does not like the price, get them to ring around and sort it.

Glass claims on insurance don't usually affect no claims discounts.

Just call a couple of local windscreen companies and ask for quotes. More important than price, is availability. No point waiting a week for a £10 saving.

If the kid's parents does not like the price, get them to ring around and sort it.

Glass claims on insurance don't usually affect no claims discounts.

none, all or just the front windscreen cover will all depend on on the policy. Any claim fault or not will increase your next premium as you are seen as more of a risk. Some you will have to pay any excess.

plenty around as long as its a standard colour

Dont assume because its blue say it will be the same blue. Which is the colour I was looking for. There is at least two dark blue and one light blue.

Luckily the paint code is on a label on the hatch. Open in up and look around the perimeter. You will wonder have you never seen it before

nAny claim fault or not will increase your next premium as you are seen as more of a risk.

Not the case at all.

This will depend very much upon the insurer, and tends to be the budget cheaper insurers who like to use any excuse possible to increase premiums.

I know for a fact that my insurer don't load for none fault claims, and they're one of very few who won't for a single fault claim on your policy with them per policy term, providing you've paid to protect you NCD.

Well I broke 2 this year with my kinlawnmower. I claimed on the insurance and not a hint of a problem both were changed without question. It did take a couple of days to organise but its the same as a front window so cost me £50 my standard glass excess. Fitting was a bit of a faff so the experts are needed anyway. Incidentally, the rear glass was very thin indeed.

yes they do

they just dont tell you

You need to ask why the premium is slightly higher on the next renewal

https://www.uswitch.com/car-insuran...f you do lose some,around three to five years

If you phone up that someone has tapped you on the rear but there's no damage and you dont claim. It will still go up if you stay with the same insurer.(Swinton) as you are deemed to be at more of a risk.

You have to declare all claims whether you are to blame or not.

Just if you insurance is around £100 you notice a £10 hike. If your insurance is £250 Your unlikely to notice any hike or absorbed in the extra £150 they already make out of you. Good chance the broker will still be using the same insurer usually Axa

You need to try with and without no fault claims on some comparison sites.

Also worth playing around with the job titles. Same job can come under several names with different premium.

If you still dont think no blame doesn't make a difference for serval years. I give up.

yes they do

they just dont tell you

You need to ask why the premium is slightly higher on the next renewal

https://www.uswitch.com/car-insuran...f you do lose some,around three to five years

If you phone up that someone has tapped you on the rear but there's no damage and you dont claim. It will still go up if you stay with the same insurer.(Swinton) as you are deemed to be at more of a risk.

You have to declare all claims whether you are to blame or not.

Just if you insurance is around £100 you notice a £10 hike. If your insurance is £250 Your unlikely to notice any hike or absorbed in the extra £150 they already make out of you. Good chance the broker will still be using the same insurer usually Axa

You need to try with and without no fault claims on some comparison sites.

Also worth playing around with the job titles. Same job can come under several names with different premium.

If you still dont think no blame doesn't make a difference for serval years. I give up.

Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot my decade within the insurance industry, some of it specifically in pricing and premium calculation algorithms counts for nothing.

I clearly talk more BS than yourself :eek: :rolleyes:

Perhaps try rereading my comment, and ask yourself what sort of insurers tend to be on agrigators, a hint, it tends to be the cheaper budget ones - again reread my comment on that (y)

Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot my decade within the insurance industry, some of it specifically in pricing and premium calculation algorithms counts for nothing.

I clearly talk more BS than yourself :eek: :rolleyes:

Perhaps try rereading my comment, and ask yourself what sort of insurers tend to be on agrigators, a hint, it tends to be the cheaper budget ones - again reread my comment on that (y)

for the majory of people

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=no+fault+claim+effect+renewal&ie=UTF-8&one=

the kids parents need to phone round for a auto glass company and organise themselves

from memory the cheapest I could find was around £150. Was some years ago

cheapest solution is a S/H hatch from £50 a garage should charge about 1 hour labour.

its better to sort it out privately than go down the courts and criminal damage route.

I wouldn't use my own insurance for someone's else's problem unless they payed the extra costs for the next 5 years and compensation. Say excess plus £100

Last edited:
Back