Coronavirus - The Thread :(

PLAN B!
Regarding the new plan B, with Boris in such a quagmire re- his lot having party’s during lockdown, it is quite obvious he needed something to take the heat off his cock-ups, he needed something to look good ! So what has he done? Bring in a new plan B which has not been thought out properly. The one thing its done is to make the public talk about his new unthought out plan B. This is just a political way of moving the media into taking the heat of him. I will still continue wearing my mask & stay away from large crowded places & enjoy my little 500 away from the crowds

OP
OP
ben

ben

The Boss
Staff member
My parents are worried their xmas dinner will be cancelled now :( They are having the house refurbished at the moment so were relying on being able to celebrate at a restaurant..

Taiwan is now reporting on the Omicron and everyone starting to panic again - it will be interesting to see if it affects the Chinese New Year returnees.

09 johno

Who actually cares, its all political positioning, I had a few xmas drinks at work with colleagues last year,as we have been working all through the pandemic, so what? and you cant tell me nobody else did.............

vexorg

Who actually cares, its all political positioning, I had a few xmas drinks at work with colleagues last year,as we have been working all through the pandemic, so what? and you cant tell me nobody else did.............
Many did, someone has to balance the selfishness of those who flaunt the rules

OP
OP
ben

ben

The Boss
Staff member
Moved this to the leisure lounge now as part of my forum tidy-up :)

DaveMcT

All viruses evolve into being more infectious but less harmful survival of the fittest. Omicron is a great example as almost all its efforts have gone into making it infectious at the expense of veracity/harm to the host. It's now little more than a bad cold. The issue is that being so much more infectious the numbers who do get ill could also be high.

The problem is that mass testing exposes the false positive issue. A patient with symptoms can be tested to get the best evidence of what is causing their illness. 5% false positive is adequate to make a reliable diagnosis. But test 1 million and a 5% false positive rate means you have 50,000 "cases" who don't have the virus. Public Health bodies understand this all too well but seem to have been steamrollered by global reaction to this virus.