Technical Core Plugs

Currently reading:
Technical Core Plugs

I went to fiat with a 30mm and a 50mm core plug and asked for 7 of one and 2 of the other (figure I'd change them all).

My wife picked up the parts for me a few days later and I realised they had given her 7 x 14mm core plugs instead of 30mm. The fact I took a 30mm core plug and measured it in front of the guy just shows how much attention he was paying, he even confirmed the size on the computer as it was a bit mashed up. I realised later I had forgotten the 36mm core plug in the head so I would have had to go back there anyway so I will let them off.

Anyway, what are the 14mm core plugs for? I have a mk1 engine and don't think I've seen them anywhere? The required quantity is listed as 2 on the ePER?

Any idea guys?

Looking around at other engines it seems the smaller core plugs are normally reserved for the oil galleries... does that sound about right? If so I don't think I need to change them.

Thanks for the info! (y)

eBay prices seem comparable to fiat prices, so I went and argued the toss about the incorrect ones they have given me. The proper ones should be in on Saturday.

Man I wish had changed them while the engine was out!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back