General Cooper or T-Jet?

Currently reading:
General Cooper or T-Jet?

greencode

I've currently got a 54 MINI Cooper Chili Pack but I'm thinking about selling that and getting a new Grande Punto 1.4 T-Jet. What's everyone's opinions on this? Would it be a fair change of car or would the Punto performance actually be better than my current Cooper. I'm a little disappointed with the performance of the Cooper going up hill and overtaking.

Or should I possibly wait for the Grande Punto Abarth which looks amazing.

Thanks in advance for any help

I've currently got a 54 MINI Cooper Chili Pack but I'm thinking about selling that and getting a new Grande Punto 1.4 T-Jet. What's everyone's opinions on this? Would it be a fair change of car or would the Punto performance actually be better than my current Cooper. I'm a little disappointed with the performance of the Cooper going up hill and overtaking.

Or should I possibly wait for the Grande Punto Abarth which looks amazing.

Thanks in advance for any help

hi there i would suggest the gp 1.9 m-jet not the t-jet its a good car but the m-jet has got more power upgrades ie remap.as for the abarth you wont get one of them till march(y)

Hi there.
You will find the T-Jet a fair bit quicker than your Mini around a second to 60. Also as with all petrol turbo engines there will be a wealth of tuning options available once the cars have been out for more than 2 months.

Abarth Punto is really meant to be the next level and would be the kind of car you would be looking to go for for a slight performance upgrade from a Mini Cooper S.

But its your money your spending. (y)

Yeah I think realistically I should save my money and not think about the Abarth. I'm sure it'll be more than the 13.5k that has been mentioned or if it starts at that I'll probably want a few extras which will hike the price up!

I've managed to get my dealer to offer me a T-Jet with climate control, darkened rear windows, and the subwoofer options for £10,100 which I think's a pretty good deal.

Would they take you Mini as a part exchange tho?

Yeah they would and they offered 8.5k for it but I can get around 10.5 for it if I sell it privately so I'll do that I reckon.

They can't do finance either although that place appears to do it.

I'll hopefully be getting more for my Cooper than the cost of the new GP so I didn't really look for that.

hi there i would suggest the gp 1.9 m-jet not the t-jet its a good car but the m-jet has got more power upgrades ie remap.as for the abarth you wont get one of them till march(y)

:D there will soon be a re-map avaibale for the T-JET and hopefully it will then be pushing 150bhp which with the difference in weight shouldn't be far off the m-jet re-mapped or the abarth which has 155bhp standard (y)

:D there will soon be a re-map avaibale for the T-JET and hopefully it will then be pushing 150bhp which with the difference in weight shouldn't be far off the m-jet re-mapped or the abarth which has 155bhp standard (y)

off topic but if you remap your t-jet,m-jet to 150bhp,170bhp the thing is the gp sporting aint got the handling to match the power as many on the forum have mentioned the abarth has, thats the difference as will the abarth can be remapped to 180bhp.also when you remap a diesel car you do get improved fuel economy does that apply to a petrol engine ounce remapped.........:confused::)

Yeah they would and they offered 8.5k for it but I can get around 10.5 for it if I sell it privately so I'll do that I reckon.

I'll hopefully be getting more for my Cooper than the cost of the new GP so I didn't really look for that.

Just buy a 1.9 Multijet diesel & never look back. Far faster than both the 1.4 Tjet & your Cooper & far cheaper to run! It's a No Brainer if you test drive the 1.9...... Insurance on the GPS 1.9 is also MUCH cheaper than the Cooper!:D

I think I shall have to take a trip to the dealer again and ask for a test drive in the M-Jet. Thanks for the advice.

The M-Jet far faster than the T-Jet? :confused:

M-Jet and T-Jet are both group 6 so should both be a bit cheaper to insure than the mini.

Yes. The GPS 130 is MUCH faster than the 120bhp 1.4 engined car. Fiat UK have possibly deliberately misled the general public to try & sell the profitable 1.4 T-Jet. Look at the Fiat website & apply the "comparison" option. Select both the 1.4 T-Jet & the GPS 130. They are having a laugh!:D How on earth can Fiat say that the lower powered car - with a damn sight LESS torque has a faster 0-60 & Fiat now claim that the GPS 130 only has a top speed of 111mph (It was 124mph last month I believe!!!!). I can personally assure you that the top speed of the 130 is pushing 130mph...

Fiat UK have F****d up yet again. I understand that as of today many Alfa/Fiat dealers lost their franchise this week under "re-structuring" of the brands by Fiat & Alfa Turin. You might wish to see if your local Fiat/Alfa dealer still exists as of today..........:cool: . Many dealers have gone.:(

Just download the Punto brochure from the Australian fiat site and they have the top speed of the M-Jet at 200km/h which equates to 124mp/h. Do you think the 0-60 speed is 9.5 then or are they misleading us on this front as well?

Also, do you know where you can get hold of the torque and power graphs as well as length of time it takes to get from 50-70 mp/h - Some car manufacturers give this information away but I can't seem to find it anywhere for the GPS.

Fiat UK have F****d up yet again. I understand that as of today many Alfa/Fiat dealers lost their franchise this week under "re-structuring" of the brands by Fiat & Alfa Turin. You might wish to see if your local Fiat/Alfa dealer still exists as of today..........:cool: . Many dealers have gone.:(

I mentioned this many times in last few months but no one listens:rolleyes: Not so much Fiat its Alfa dealers that have vanished.

Back