General Cooper or T-Jet?

Currently reading:
General Cooper or T-Jet?

a 1.2 active was about £7,600 when the gp appeared on the scene.1.9 m-jet was £11,795.so both have dropped £3,000/£3,795 in a year and a half.in the spring i will trade mines in i expected about £7k so in almost 2 yrs my car will have dropped £5k:eek: :)

Just be glad you havent bought a brand new Brera or something. They will be losing almost that every every year or so atleast. :)

why on earth do they depreciate like that makes no sense owning one:confused: i can live with getting £7k for my car i will break even if i do and just start again...;)

why on earth do they depreciate like that makes no sense owning one:confused: i can live with getting £7k for my car i will break even if i do and just start again...;)

I believe that Fiats have a greater dealer margin in their cars than most other popular makes. This, together with dealer promotions encourages certain dealers to pre-register thousands of cars and then to release them 6 months or so later at near to cost but with the dealer receiving a target bonus off the manufacturer (which makes them a small profit)

Hence the buying public who research their cars discover that the true new cost aint list price but thousands below! This then sets the second-hand prices (would you pay list for a new car from your local dealer when you can buy a new pre-reg max 6 months old with 10 miles on the odo for £3k less?).

Thats why Fiats are lucky to be worth 35-40 % after 3 years/36K and even less if you then try to px them against another makes.

If you had bought a Daeoo or other obscure make, the fall in value is more a reflection on the non-image they hold with the buying public or possibly their lack of handling or mechanical prowess. Anyone fancy the 'Ring in a Matiz - they can't even drive backwards without toppling over!

Depressing news for all and the answer is in Fiat's power to correct, but they only want to shift the metal.

when i got my clio i got it 4 £2300 and then sold it 6 monthis l8er for £2350

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA good day!

you will always lose money on cars, if you don't your lucky, just sometimes you lose more on differnet makesand models of cars, just a way of life

Back