General Cooper or T-Jet?

Currently reading:
General Cooper or T-Jet?

cheers (y) popped into my dealer the other day for an update and they said that my car has now left the factory, just got to wait 3 weeks whilst its on the boat and 2 weeks in bristol. lol, so about 5 weeks now. :slayer:

lets hope its not the slow boat to china.........:D all this wait just because of a little sunroof......:yum: should be worth it eh.....?(y)

lets hope its not the slow boat to china.........:D all this wait just because of a little sunroof......:yum: should be worth it eh.....?(y)

Mine has been sat in Bristol for 12 days now!! apparently waiting for the correct radio to be fitted as they are fitted over here,Thats the longest part of waiting when it leaves the factory!!
I would buy the grande because of the massive price difference and have heard the mini has just as many niggles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after all this I think I'm gonna wait until the Abarth comes out - I really want to see what that's like in comparison. I've got a nice car now with the Cooper and my thinking is if I keep that for another 6 months I won't lose as much in the value as if I went and bought a new T or M-Jet and then sold that in 6 months. I test drove both the T-Jet and M-Jet and the M-Jet seemed alot quicker.

Well after all this I think I'm gonna wait until the Abarth comes out - I really want to see what that's like in comparison. I've got a nice car now with the Cooper and my thinking is if I keep that for another 6 months I won't lose as much in the value as if I went and bought a new T or M-Jet and then sold that in 6 months. I test drove both the T-Jet and M-Jet and the M-Jet seemed alot quicker.

yeah to buy a Sporting now and trade it in in a few months would cost you more than hanging on. I totally agree about the M-Jet feeling faster aswell it makes it quite weird when you see them together and the T-jet buggers off. :D

yeah to buy a Sporting now and trade it in in a few months would cost you more than hanging on. I totally agree about the M-Jet feeling faster aswell it makes it quite weird when you see them together and the T-jet buggers off. :D

are you trying to start that m-jet===t-jet thing again naughty man;)

lucky chap,but say for instance it 6 months from now and all the other forth coming models where out which 1 would it be then BIG BEASTIE?????:D

lucky chap,but say for instance it 6 months from now and all the other forth coming models where out which 1 would it be then BIG BEASTIE?????:D

lol fence sitter

Gun to my head? :eek:

T-Jet.
I don't do the miles to justify a diesel and I'll always prefer the way a petrol engine produces it power. Would be better if it had a 6 speed box aswell tho.
Or the Abarth if I would be allowed it.

lol thats what i like to here, i'm the same as you, i do barely 10 miles a day, no point in me having a diesel

m-jet t-jet sme-jet:p i am glad i ain't just purchased or ordered a GP sporting because come march they will all pale into insignificance when the gp abarth comes out;)

Yea but i read rumors that that gp abarth is going to be £15-16k and to get it to 180bhp it will cost an extra £3-4k... can you justify spending £18-20k (Golf GTI, Focus ST and civic type R, Leon cupra type r.. all r faster and will keep their value longer)on a fiat grande (supermini)??? i love my car but if i had £20k to spend on a car i wouldnt buy a grande punto..id wait for the abrth 2 fall ddown in price abit before i consider 1... luckily my 55 plate gp sporting m-jet 130 cost me alot lot less...

Yea but i read rumors that that gp abarth is going to be £15-16k and to get it to 180bhp it will cost an extra £3-4k... can you justify spending £18-20k (Golf GTI, Focus ST and civic type R, Leon cupra type r.. all r faster and will keep their value longer)on a fiat grande (supermini)??? i love my car but if i had £20k to spend on a car i wouldnt buy a grande punto..id wait for the abrth 2 fall ddown in price abit before i consider 1... luckily my 55 plate gp sporting m-jet 130 cost me alot lot less...

if you read the thread fully you would have found the correct prices for the gp abarth 155bhp and 180 bhp supersport.£13,700/£16,000 respectively

If its your own money there's only one answer - and it does not have a Fiat badge on it. 40% Residuals compared with 65% after 3 years.
No brainer IMHO.
Look at Ebay - early 06 1.2 Actives with 12K for £4600! Thats an awful amount of depreciation for even a car as good as the GP.
1.9s are barely touching 8 with very low mileages!

If its your own money there's only one answer - and it does not have a Fiat badge on it. 40% Residuals compared with 65% after 3 years.
No brainer IMHO.
Look at Ebay - early 06 1.2 Actives with 12K for £4600! Thats an awful amount of depreciation for even a car as good as the GP.
1.9s are barely touching 8 with very low mileages!

a 1.2 active was about £7,600 when the gp appeared on the scene.1.9 m-jet was £11,795.so both have dropped £3,000/£3,795 in a year and a half.in the spring i will trade mines in i expected about £7k so in almost 2 yrs my car will have dropped £5k:eek: :)

Back