Technical Coolent temp sensor failure.

Currently reading:
Technical Coolent temp sensor failure.

This warning came up on my dash with engine warning light. Been doing some searching and its not the gauge as it isnt flicking or anything. Just looks like normal really. The warning of the coolent temp sensor now doesnt come up but the engine fault light still comes on.

How much will a new sensor be and should I go to a garage or give it a go myself? In other words how hard is it to do?

My car is a stilo 1.4 air con. Petrol.

Thanks all

Thanks for that link, I did see that guide but I don't have a multimeter or anything so won't be able to test it. Also just thought it would be the sensor with the first warning that came up. Will it still be at fault even if its just the engine warning light on now and not the dash saying its the sensor (if that makes any sense at all). Confuse myself at times.

Yeah hopefully. Something similar happened a couple of months back with a light coming on about oil. Took it straight to the garage and they couldn't find any faults and the light went off. Gonna have a look round the sensor tomorrow and phone up the garage and get it booked in to be on the safe side.

The only thing I think may have caused it is that I went for a car wash around 2 days ago which included an under chasis wash. So just think maybe something has got wet and causing the fault.

Thanks for the suggestions folks and hope everyone is having a good christmas.

Paul.

you could just unplug it and give it a good clean with elec contact cleanner but let it drybefor you plug it in again as for the price i got one for the wifes 1.2 and just got one for my 1.6 for under £10 from fiatand they are easy to change

Ah right that's a bit of a relief then as I was fearing it would be another 100+ job. Very dumb question but is contact cleaner just like wd40 or is it something else. Weather is shocking at the moment so gonna wait for a break in the wind and rain before I have a look at it. Cheers for the help xox

Back