Technical coolant loss plzz help

Currently reading:
Technical coolant loss plzz help

mad20val

:confused::confused: im lossing coolant somewhere aand cant seem to find where from iv have replaced a few hoses and renewed alot of clamps. but still if i top my water up to the max line after about 4 miles driving come back and im just above the min again i have no headgasket systoms ie, no smoke no sludge car runs fine and starts lovely and runs perfect on morning starts ,but still i seem to lose a water somewhere. Deos anyone have any ideas can the cap cause this problem and if so is there anywhere online i can source one cheers guys

should expect steam/smoke from exhaust if it had

symptoms when the gasket really blows are that the temperature will go off the scale, you will trail a huge cloud of steam from the exhaust the result of coolant actually entering the cylinders and the oil will be converted to something resembling cold milky coffee actually an emulsion of oil and coolant

Try not to let it get that far, as there is a much increased risk of the cylinder head warping, possible bearing damage from running on the contaminated oil, and even if the bearings and bottom end survive you will need to flush the oil several times to clear the contamination.

for the sake of 10mins of your life, do a compression test to see if the headgasket has blown.

if there was a leak that goes from max to min in 4 miles you could run it at high idle and see drips on the floor. no drips means either leak is so slow it boils off before it hits the floor (almost impossible if it still loses water when driven from a ocld start for 4 miles, coz it takes that long to warm up enough to boil off a leak), or its a head gasket leak.

It isn't the large coolant hose around the back of the engine that is leaking is it?

AKA the coolant hose of death.

yes it was the coolant hose from hell was spilt done it all now but have no skin left :mad:

Back