General coolant cap, for MK2 punto

Currently reading:
General coolant cap, for MK2 punto

tessjade

Ihave had some problems with the cooling system, I think that I have solved the problem. But I am a bit concerned about the replacement coolant cap I bought from Halfords, I have had 2 now, and they do not seem to give the same pressure to the cooling system as the old original one. They are shown to be ment for the MK1 punto, but a note on the book tells you to ask at the desk, this I did and apparantly it is the same one, is this the case, as they seem to give a lower pressure than the original.
With the old one the coolant risses to the neck of the bottle, with the new ones the coolant risses a lot more up the neck of the bottle

OP
OP
T

tessjade

Shaunyboyuk, Yes I know it is one bar, but how do I know if the caps I are Ione, as the new one do not seem to allow much pressur in the system, where as the original makes the hose feel quite firm

If your using a universal radiator cap and dont think its doing the right job, if thats what your meaning? Then if i was you go to a local scrap yard and get the right cap for your Punto model, simple... :)