Cook in curry sauce - Help please

Currently reading:
Cook in curry sauce - Help please

My sister and her boyfriend are coming over on Saturday night, I wanted to make a lamb curry but i am after something pretty hot.

I know the types of curries that are hot but some brands of the cook in sauce lack a bit of warmth and can be quite mild.

So what are the best brands to go for? I am looking for a Hot madras to vindaloo hotness.

I would make one from scatch but we are busy sorting the house out so want a sauce where i can add bits too.

Any help would be really appreciated.

what you could do is partially cook the lamb in a nice spicey marinade before you add it to the curry. that'd mean the lamb would be hot. dunno about cook in sauces though

sammiboo said:
Do i cook the lamb naked in the dish for a bit first?
I'll make sure the kitchen blind's shut first if you have to do that! :eek:
H

sammiboo said:
Do i cook the lamb naked in the dish for a bit first?

Best bet is a half leg of lamb, pre-cooked and kept moist whilst cooking before cooking again in a sauce - keeps the lamb tender (y)

When I'm making it that way I use a marinade of 'birds eye' chilli, garlic, ginger, tomato puree and a wee drop of lemon juice. Failing that, cover in Pataks Madras curry paste (does the same job and easier). Cook in a slow (say, 130-160 degree oven) for at least an hour covered 'loosly' in foil.

Once that's cooked (assuming you use pataks) make the sauce as directed BUT add 3 cloves of garlic some ginger and a load of coriander leaf (all blended together with a wee drop of water) to the lot when you start cooking. Awesome (y) Needs about 1.5 hours, again at about 130-160 in a fan assisted oven.

Quality curry :D

BTW - why are you looking for Hamish?!!

Last edited:
If you want an offensive curry...go get some Dave's Insanity Sauce and throw that in...just dont use a lot! its like liquid lava!!

ABZSTILO said:
Best bet is a half leg of lamb, pre-cooked and kept moist whilst cooking before cooking again in a sauce - keeps the lamb tender .....

Quality curry :D

BTW - why are you looking for Hamish?!!

THanks for the tip (y)

I am looking for Hamish cos he got me a valentines present and I need to say thank you.... (long story ;) )

oooo thank you for the present :D

my boyfriend got ordered me something for valentines day, it came giftwrapped and there was also a gift card that said "Happy New Year Love Hamish" :p Considering we got back from a weekend away in scotland the day before he was slightly concerned ;) :p

But it must be from you then :devil:

sammiboo said:
oooo thank you for the present :D

my boyfriend got ordered me something for valentines day, it came giftwrapped and there was also a gift card that said "Happy New Year Love Hamish" :p Considering we got back from a weekend away in scotland the day before he was slightly concerned ;) :p

But it must be from you then :devil:

:devil: You're welcome :wave: By the way, where'd you go on your Scottish travels?

Back