General Convert efi to carb..,I know.., but...

Currently reading:
General Convert efi to carb..,I know.., but...

gnilrac

Goodday all,as my title suggests,I would like to convert my efi to carb .
It's a fiat palio 1.2.
Reason,the computer box is busted,and horribly expensive to replace.
I've heard the conversion can be done successfully and am pretty confident doing the labor myself.
However,I do need some advice please.

This is my plan:

Remove throttle body and replace with carb from Uno, basically the same engine in the two cars.

Plug injector holes on intake manifold.

The two coil packs do work on the palio,and are still giving spark,so I'll leave that as is.

Disconnect fuel pump in tank and replace with low pressure electric fuel pump to feed carb.

Is this about it or am I missing something important?

I know guys are gonna say I'll lose performance and all of that but , honestly I just need a reliable car that doesn't have all the computer problems this current one gives me.
I do have a Uno also and that's one reliable car.
Your thoughts please,thank you.

Goodday all,as my title suggests,I would like to convert my efi to carb .
It's a fiat palio 1.2.
Reason,the computer box is busted,and horribly expensive to replace.
I've heard the conversion can be done successfully and am pretty confident doing the labor myself.
However,I do need some advice please.

This is my plan:

Remove throttle body and replace with carb from Uno, basically the same engine in the two cars.

Plug injector holes on intake manifold.

The two coil packs do work on the palio,and are still giving spark,so I'll leave that as is.

Disconnect fuel pump in tank and replace with low pressure electric fuel pump to feed carb.

Is this about it or am I missing something important?

I know guys are gonna say I'll lose performance and all of that but , honestly I just need a reliable car that doesn't have all the computer problems this current one gives me.
I do have a Uno also and that's one reliable car.
Your thoughts please,thank you.
What is wrong with the ECU/computer?
The coil packs are probably getting their signal to fire via the ECU so that may be a problem.
Re the fuel pump if the flow is pressure regulated to suit the carb and has a return to the tank it should be OK but the pump may be relying on a signal from the ECU again.

Back