Technical Considering buying a high mileage Doblo...

Currently reading:
Technical Considering buying a high mileage Doblo...

Chernabog

Hi There,

Been lurking on this forum on and off as I have a Panda 4x4, however I am now considering buying a 2nd hand Doblo (2004, ACTIVE JTD High Roof).

This one has been used as carry around for somone with a wheelchair and still has ramp etc. It seems in very good condition all round but has done a lot of miles ... 212000 in fact :eek:

So, I am no genius when it comes to cars and engines but wondered if anyone could give me any hints as what to check for in relation to how long it might last or what problems a car of this mileage might have (cambelts, clutch, gearbox etc).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

C.

ps: I plan to convert it into a campervan for weekend trips with the misses :D

If it's been in the same person's hand since day 1, I'd be inclined to believe there is plenty of life left in it as I'm going to assume that it's been regularly serviced at the appropriate intervals for it to get this far. I'd be looking less at engine related issues and more wear and tear of suspension, steering components, etc as these will likely be reaching the end of their effective lives.

You didn't say the engine size. A smaller engine will, most likely, have been pushed somewhat to move the weight of the car plus wheelchair occupant & driver, a larger engine will be better able to cope.

Back