Technical Connects 2 with Pioneer

Currently reading:
Technical Connects 2 with Pioneer

I'm in the process of installing a Pioneer single din (the one with the phone cradle) and have bought the Connects 2 to get the steering wheel controls to work.

I'm hoping some of you have some experience of this. @Baglady1990 I know you've done similar on a lounge.

I've set the correct DIP switches 1 and 8 off, the rest on. I've cut the white loop as instructed and am referring to Diagram 1 in the book. It says that I should connect INT2 to position 5 and IN3 to position 6 on the multi-plug on the stereo but there's no mention of the other wires on the patch lead. The patch lead instructions shows me that I should cut the white loop, which I've done but then it says stereo connection being the jack plug, the only jack plug input I can see is the microphone for the bluetooth.

I know that I've got to run ignition and earth wires too which I haven't done yet

I've also plugged the unit into the laptop via a micro USB but the software doesn't detect a module. That could be because the USB cable I'm using is actually a charging cable for a torch so may not have data transfer in it, so I'm hoping it may default OK

I'm hoping there will be some of you out there that can give me some pointers on the installation of this, I'm a bit confused.

I'm in the process of installing a Pioneer single din (the one with the phone cradle) and have bought the Connects 2 to get the steering wheel controls to work.

I'm hoping some of you have some experience of this. @Baglady1990 I know you've done similar on a lounge.

I've set the correct DIP switches 1 and 8 off, the rest on. I've cut the white loop as instructed and am referring to Diagram 1 in the book. It says that I should connect INT2 to position 5 and IN3 to position 6 on the multi-plug on the stereo but there's no mention of the other wires on the patch lead. The patch lead instructions shows me that I should cut the white loop, which I've done but then it says stereo connection being the jack plug, the only jack plug input I can see is the microphone for the bluetooth.

I know that I've got to run ignition and earth wires too which I haven't done yet

I've also plugged the unit into the laptop via a micro USB but the software doesn't detect a module. That could be because the USB cable I'm using is actually a charging cable for a torch so may not have data transfer in it, so I'm hoping it may default OK

I'm hoping there will be some of you out there that can give me some pointers on the installation of this, I'm a bit confused.
I got mine in a kit … facia vent paddles and the connects 2 module ….mine has no dip switches but I know the one you have is universal
The wires with the jack plug there’s 2 they go to the wires for the blue & me adapter (separate) to the stereo adapter
The jack plug does have its own slot on my double din pioneer… mine is above the mic plug

I got mine in a kit … facia vent paddles and the connects 2 module ….mine has no dip switches but I know the one you have is universal
The wires with the jack plug there’s 2 they go to the wires for the blue & me adapter (separate) to the stereo adapter
The jack plug does have its own slot on my double din pioneer… mine is above the mic plug
I've got it to work now but there's some very strange goings on.

So the Pioneer stereo has power from the cars normal electrical block which is great, however you have to run and earth, switched live and permanent live which I've got in the correct places. Tested it all working and then took the key out of the ignition and all the ignition stayed lit up and there were loads of errors coming up. Looks like canbus errors to me. I fiddled about and wherever I put the switched live, it messes it up. It even stopped the starter from turning. If I disconnect that switched live entirely it still works. Thinking about it, why does the Connects 2 need a switched and permanent live?

So the Pioneer stereo has power from the cars normal electrical block which is great, however you have to run and earth, switched live and permanent live which I've got in the correct places. Tested it all working and then took the key out of the ignition and all the ignition stayed lit up and there were loads of errors coming up. Looks like canbus errors to me. I fiddled about and wherever I put the switched live, it messes it up. It even stopped the starter from turning. If I disconnect that switched live entirely it still works. Thinking about it, why does the Connects 2 need a switched and permanent live?
It’s been a couple of years since I hooked mine up so it’s fuzzy
I suppose it’s depends on what your using … you got the universal connects 2 interface so it will have wires for all kinds of different makes and models
Mine was fiat specific so the cable end with the jack plug on mine only has 2 wires and they go to the blue & me loom everything else was plug n play

I suggest some basic errors, the radio will not need an(additional)earth, the connects 2 might but double check, as for a feed/switching(connects 2) this could be run from the "remote switching/amplifier " signal feed but check the load limit from the radio, plus, a permanent live taken from the radio feed typically the red wire, the radio might need a switched(lighter socket say) typically the yellow wire live not a permanent

Last edited:
In the 90's I had a state of the art cd radio 14 band parametric equaliser 4 power amplifiers 2 active dividing networks temperature controlled cooling fans and at the time £600 for only 5 speakers, that said the speakers are still in use today in the Mazda just goes to show how we they were made

Back