Connecting A sub and amp up.

Currently reading:
Connecting A sub and amp up.

Ok, well basically if you have seen my other threads i recently got a Punto which already had a lot of stuff on it.

At the moment i have got the front speakers and back speakers wired up fine and connected to the headunit.

I also have in the boot an unconnected 1000 Watt JBL sub and a Sony Amp (Approx 600 Watt's not too sure)

Basically i was wondering what i need to do so what would work with the Headunit and stuff, there is the red power wire running under the door sills and connected to the battery (well will be when everything else is connected) there is also a black wire (same thickness) running alongside under the door sil, i presume this is the ground but i'm not sure where it runs to though, there is also another earth wire in the boot

There are also 2 plugs same as the speaker wires in the back of the headunit and running to the boot one being black and one being red.

Along with this is the Blue REM which is connected to the headunit and runs to the boot, basically im wondering how i would connect this up and what needs to go where (please note i would also like to connect the speaker wires so they can run through the amp.

Sorry if this is confusing, i'm confused too because i didn't set the previous system up so i have no idea where to start and stuff.

Thanks for your help.

~Morty

2 Connectors will be the RCA's. They should connect up to the HU and then run down the drivers side of the car back to the amp and they should plug into it. The power and the remote will be ran down the passenger side. The remote wire will plug into the amp aswell. The ground will be in the boot somewhere so find where this is and check that it has a good ground(sanded down to bare metal on the body)

Im guessing the amp will be a single channel mono amp so you wont be able to connect your speakers up to it aswell as the sub.

That makes a lot of sense actually, so basically i just take the Black earth wire which is connected to the metal into the boot and plug it into the ground slot and then run the battery from the amp aswell to the battery and obv the REM is from headunit to the amp, so then all 3 wires will be connected. But sorry if this sounds stupid with that connected there are no wires to the Sub itself :S

You run Ground(black) to the amp. Power(red) to the amp then the remote wire from the headunit to the amp and the RCA's from the Headunit to the amp. Then from the amp you will have speaker wire going from the amp to the terminals on the sub box :) The sub should already be connect from the terminals on the sub to the terminals on the inside of the box but if you are unsure then unscrew the sub and have a look if it is or not :)

Back