Technical Connect Nav & Phone Pin

Currently reading:
Technical Connect Nav & Phone Pin

Muki

Muki
I have a small problem: I changed SIM card and phone number. Put a PIN, and everything is working. (y) When I try to remeber PIN, not to reenter every time with ignition, it asks me for PIN, :slayer: but it's not OK?? Which PIN it requests? I try with new from SIM, try with old one (changed in mobile phone), but nothing ... Phone works with this PIN, but every time I need to reenter PIN.
Last time I did it (remembering PIN) in old version, in 9.8 is different, maybe I do something wrong, or some bug :( ...?
Please help! :worship:

Nobody knows ...

I can't change option not to ask PIN, because it's not the same pin which I use for phone which works. No any pin I used ever!
Is it possible that nobody didn't change SIM card before? :confused:
I love to be first .... but in success!

Is it possible that I'm the only one who has or had this problem? :confused:

Should I refresh software (new upgrade to 9.8), or just enter PIN on every start, and ask nothing? :bang:

If the PIN is set as on, the Connect Nav+ will ask for it everytime you turn it on - that's the point of a PIN afterall.

If you don't want it on, go into the Setup menu and turn it off, or put the SIM into a phone and deactivate it that way.

Thanks Rich, I know what's PIN and use of it. :)
I can't turn it off in setup because it asks PIN for that (Confirm PIN), and not except original which is on SIM card and works normally.
Thats good idea to turn off PIN request in phone (y) (but you loose main point of PIN protection), but unfortunately it's not aloud (by SIM provider?), I try on different phones.
The point on CN+ is to send PIN from internal system settings to SIM when required. In this case SIM is protected for usage in other phones, because it still request PIN when not in CN+.
My hope was that unit remembered PIN from last SIM and now require this one, but it doesn't except it. :bang:

Old SIM is not working any more, (n) I can't deactivate PIN on new one, (n) and I still put PIN every time when I turn it on! :bang:

Any idea? :worship:

Back