Technical Connect Nav+ map cd problems

Currently reading:
Technical Connect Nav+ map cd problems

xenius

I did it!
Hello everyone :)

Well, my ConnectNav+ is getting very strange. Its having problems with reading my map cd.

I am on the 9.8 version.

I have even tried backing up the original cd because i am thinking "maybe the cd is getting scratched or something", but the new cd(s) only works for a few days to a week, then they get "unreadable" too.

The surface of the cd's seems fine.

The ConnectNav+ "thinks" for some time and then reports "cd error". If i try re-inserting the cd(s) a few times, i might get lucky and it works.

The system often has problems with the eject button too: Sometimes it doesn't push the cd all the way out..

I got my ConnectNav+ replaced on the warranty a few months back, and start to wonder if they gave me a refurbished, defect system..

Anyone else experiencing similar problems, or might have a good advice?

xenius said:
I got my ConnectNav+ replaced on the warranty a few months back, and start to wonder if they gave me a refurbished, defect system..

I stand to be corrected, but I was under the impression that all warranty replacements for the ConnectNav+ unit are 'refurbished' ones.

You may indeed just have a duff one.

Neil Barker said:
I stand to be corrected, but I was under the impression that all warranty replacements for the ConnectNav+ unit are 'refurbished' ones.

You may indeed just have a duff one.

You are propably right, m8.

It didnt looked new anyway (which i was told), but i really didn't bother as it worked fine.

Back