Technical Connect a video input @ Connect NAV+...

Currently reading:
Technical Connect a video input @ Connect NAV+...

Thanks Baser, friend already made me this with relay. It's working very good, but I didn't install camera jet. Some day . . .

Sorry i've left u for so long....

I'm willing to build you an interface and send it over to you. But i'll have to know how many of you are interested. The interface will cost you 75 euro's (shipping not included and payment in advance).

Let me know....

I'll take one for 75 Euros, how long will it take? How easy will it be to install?

Kind Regards

Me too ;) I deffo want one!

But how easy or hard is it to install? again how long will it take?

Questions, Questions ???

CaRcAzY

Last edited:
I'm tempted to get one, but then also install the Peugeot 207/407 3-plug phono adapter too (linking it with an iPOD kit), so that it'll run an external AV device properly.

But I think more of me is tempted to leave it :p.

guys, any more info or ideas on this? i really want to do it.

YouTube - Xbox Sulla Stilo

Its quite easy, that an xbox1 either chipped or softmodded running XBMC with the XBMC360 skin and the matrix screensaver.

xbox + chip = £30/40 maybe

The mod to the CN+ isnt too difficult, ive got some docs on how to do it, its just cutting a track on the PCB, and fitting some switches in to allow the screen to switch between aux video/ cn+ video.

From what ive seen you just need a decent soldering iron, some good solder and a steady hand.

Thing is its a bodge, the audio has to be spliced into the CD changer audio input so that the sound comes from your aux source, so you have to have the Cn+ set to cd changer, and then you flick the switch over so the video/sound comes from your extra source.

If enough people are interested I have some high res pics of the internals of my connect nav+ in parts. Ill do the video in part as a guide for the ICE section if anyone is interested (which is the hard part anyway)

Ive had my CN+ in bits as I have been trying to log the data between the cd changer and the headunit and other stuff, im sure the CN+ is capable of much more..

Anyway, if you feel like getting your hands dirty and doing this, I am more than happy to help you out.

Dan

Last edited:
oohh i like you a lot dan! (y)

its the CN+ aux in that im interested in. Theres this guy on the itallian fourms who has a CN+ with the aux video/audio bits AND multiple pre-outs :worship:

so what do you want to do? and more importantly do you know what your doing or are you just someone who is over-enthusiastic when around a soldering iron? :p

I know what im doing lol,

It depends what you want to achieve really. To sum up, all people are doing is bypassing the whole connect nav+ system and sending composite video straight into the display. The display module AFAIK gets its video feed from the CN+ mainboard via either a composite video signal or seperate luma/chroma (like svideo). All we would be doing is fitting a switch to select video from an external source.

Ideally it would be much better to use some buffer logic or line driver IC to make the switching more clean, cant be too good having video running through a two pole switch lol. If you wanted to add more inputs the initial process would be the same except you would be switching in more inputs.

With the audio side of things, from what I can gather, is just basically using the CD changer input to get the audio into the CN+. So.. when using an external video source you would select CD changer to get the audio input in, a cd would play but when you flick the switch your external audio is switched in - like I said its more of a bodge really.

I know there is an aux feature which is greyed out on the CN+ screen, using this would be pretty difficult unless we knew what data the headunit wanted to enable this. But unless we can get some leaked docs on the DMS protocol its not going to happen. Its probably some commands on power-up that are recieved over the CD changer data bus to enable this.

As for pre outs that shouldnt be too hard, just need to trace them on the audio PCB in the CN+.

What to do? Well Ill rip the headunit out of my car and get it stripped down on my desk tonight/tomorrow and start getting the initial bit done.

Oh yeah dont forget whatever your source is will need to be able to output in NTSC.

Where is this italian site/stuff you speak of?

Dan

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the video input is going to work with the Connect Nav+ in my Fiat Croma 2008?

sorry to bring a post back from the grave but .... i looking to get this done ..

how can i connect a video input to the nav+ headunit ??

Thanks

As you can see above I was going to have a crack at this - but lost interest as it would have involved permanently modifying the unit which I didnt want to do.

Soldering iron, a few relays, a cd-changer or other device connected to the cd-changer port and very very steady hand is what is required.

Its not a pretty solution at all, you are basically just hacking into the video signal from the motherboard to the TFT panel and by having something playing on the cd changer bus port allows audio to be played through the unit.

Someone once upon a time somewhere designed and etched a PCB with buffers, switching and the correct connectors to make it nicer. Was a little pricey iirc but was tidier - still works in the same way though.

The other problem is that when the composite input in the panel is used you must use ntsc video and not PAL. To get around this you can use the RGB inputs but obviously - more switching involved then..

Regards

Dan

Last edited:
yep, buy another headunit lol

The CN+ has an AUX function, but has never had an accessory nor has anyone successfuly enable it for their own ends. The same unit practically is fitted to the alfa 147/gt and the position is the same.. Lots of people have asked the same, and got the same answer.

Look on alfaowner etc, you will see the same schematics everywhere.

The blast from the past :)

Has anyone received the mod from the member "baser"? Does it work?
Can it be acquired now?

Back