Tuning Cone filter

Currently reading:
Tuning Cone filter

Zorbz93

Hi lads
I want to put on a cone filter on my 1.2 8v
What exactly is needed to do this like pipe diameter and that

How about not putting it on a 60hp Punto? If you really want to put one make sure you make or get an induction kit because sucking hot air isn't good for your engine. JoniK has a video on installing an induction kit so I recommend to check that video out

The standard air filter, even when quite dirty, will flow more air than the engine can ever need. It will also do a better job at keeping grit out. If a cone filter was better, Fiat would have fitted one.

Save your money for essentials, like brakes, steering and suspension. And I don't mean modifications.

Also, if you fit a cone filter, it is a modification. You have to declare it to your insurance company, and your premium will increase. If you choose not to declare it, if you have a bump, you may find yourself in a lot of trouble when your insurance company abandons you.

Last edited:
Was reading quite lately from an engine builder who does it for a living, he's witnessed engine damage from using cone filters, especially turbo charged vehicles.

Was just looking to hear a bit of noise from the engine really as the 1.2 8v is so so quiet compared to my old car that was a 1.9 Passat mapped to 200bhp with a full straight through exhaust including decat

Back