Technical come here to get a new RED key

Currently reading:
Technical come here to get a new RED key

it's one of those things that is in my safe deposit box!

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

i bought my car without one :( and to make matters worse, i knew it should have had a red key just wanted the car so much :p

i'm hoping ill never need a red key

can you not buy a replacement red key from fiat anyway?

BlueCinq - 1995N - 899cc

no

you have to buy a new ECU, and a new lock set. Expect to pay around £500 for that

if i were you, i'd add codemans website to ur favourites should you ever need a red key!

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

there are other ways around the prob, speciailist coding places can remove the immboloiser code from the ecu so that the immoboliser will not function any more. Last time I looked that cost about £100

sig1.jpg

If you have a Seicento (not sure which year from though), you shouldn't have a red key as far as i know - a few years ago Fiat decided to keep all of the red keys in Italy - so it only costs something like 40 quid to have a new one done for you

U sure about that wor nick? they changed the immoboliser system in the seicebnto in late 99 so that it didn't require a red key at all so they weren't given with them cus they didn't exsist, but before that i'm pretty sure the red key was still in use and still given out with the cars

I had a cinq and never needed the red key for it, i had it for 12 months

sig1.jpg

it's what the dealer told me - he could have been talking a load of bull to make him sound like he knew what he was doing, but he defnitely said that if i lose my keys i have to apply to fiat for a new one cut cos they dont trust anyone with the master key any more..

nah thats all rubbish - fiat changed the key coding system around 97-98 to what we call the code 2 system, which is much more like a "normal" key coding and immobiliser system i.e no red key to lose etc. its a much better system, and its a hell of a lot cheaper if you lose a key!

Experienced parts man from Stoneacre Fiat in Peterborough, if anyone wants and prices/advice etc, email me!

hmm, actually, saying what i just did, Wor Nick your dealer was right in a way - doesnt sound like he explained it too well, but with the code 2 system the keys come pre-cut when you order them but they need to be coded in to your motor by a dealer.

Experienced parts man from Stoneacre Fiat in Peterborough, if anyone wants and prices/advice etc, email me!

Looked at the site and it seems an easy way to build up a load of car details and the means in which to access them!

Beware

Liam

One day I will have a reason to buy a dump valve!

So can anyone tell me what the red key actually does and is it possible to have a replacement blue key cut as a spare cos I only have the one key for my Sei which is a 99T and has a funny symbol on the key and a different door lock key due to a previous owners break-in!

go down to timpsons with ur blue key and they can make u a copy, its about £20 - £25, you only need the red key for if ur ecu starts playing up, i think it does some diagnostic stuff aswell, but u can cope with out as long as ur ecu doesn't die on u

sig1.jpg

Back