Styling Colour coding black rubber trim

Currently reading:
Styling Colour coding black rubber trim

Hello

Has anyone colour coded the black door and bumper rubber strips and door handles on either a 5 or 3 door? Would you mind me asking roughly how much you paid for the work? I'm interested in getting this done as I think it looks nicer and just want a rough idea on cost.

I had this done on a Ford Focus TDCi I used to have!

Thanks

Phil

I haven't done it to mine but I did do it to my old Rover 25 (tried to make a **** car look a little less ****terer) just by masking off the surrounding area on the bumper and painting it. It does look a bit better when cars are colour coded!

There is a more robust way of doing it - remove front bumper and unclip the inserts from behind then paint them. From the side trims if you remove the interior panels you can pop the clips out from inside to remove the trims.

I'd guess at between 100-200 all in for all the trim bits, not worth removing them to take to a body shop as most likely they'll want the car to get a colour match

I agree on color coding. A cheap way to make your car neater. Im half way through doing this now. You can do it yourself pretty easily. You can get all the stuff in halfords. Plastic primer, paint which comes in a aerosol can, clearcoat and accessories. Lots of videos on youtube. Best if you have a garage and a hairdryer though. Everything included for under 50 id say. I have some stuff knocking around so can do it for 35.

...But if it doesn't suit you a garage should do it over one night and day for 120-150??

Back