Styling Colour coding - advice

Currently reading:
Styling Colour coding - advice

dtimmins1985

Established member
Hey up folks

Was going to start a thread on colour coding my stilo, part of the restoration im going to be doing as its had its knocks n scrapes before i owned it and its had more since!!

Anyhow, ive sanded and primed the front bump strips and mirror covers, i didnt take to it like a natural and dont think i will! :bang: - i bought plastic primer, grigio steel 0647 paint, clear laquer and sand papers etc from wilco moto save and picked up some tips on how to go about it... well i thought it went well until spraying the primer :mad: pretty crap to be honest... so im going to pay for the work along with a replacement front bumper as mines a bitted naffed in the corner..

I was quoted £150 for all bump strips (front, sides and rear) along with mirror covers to be colour coded... turnaround 2 n half days, is this a good price?

I need to source another front bumper, would love a genuine schuey... if anyone can help

Yes, that's pretty good. I was recently quoted the same for just a rear bumper which is less intricate than a front one.

Ralf S.

The quote wasnt including the front bumper... i was thinking to go with a black bonnet - and middle of front bumper in black too... that would cost more but still to get a quote on that.

I havent given up on spraying tho, i attempted to spray the 647 paint - not good result at all but i have learned that spraying from above is not a good method, i will take the plastics back to the bone and then build a spray box with hooks so i can hook up the parts and spray at a level facing the parts as if they where on the car... hopefully it will be much easier...

Back