Colour code my grill???

Currently reading:
Colour code my grill???

Should I Colour code my grill???

• Total voters

Mike Norton

One dynamic Stilo owner!
Hi everyone

A few people have suggested (mainly Ben R! :p ) to me recently that I should colour code my grill. I'm not keen, but I thought I would photoshop it (Please excuse the quality of the photshopping, it was very rushed :D ) and ask everyone what they thought???
Before
poll.JPG

After
poll1.JPG

I said yes!!

BUT it was only yesterday that I realised mine had a silver finish [yes Pete, I know you pointed that out to me eons ago, I forgot :eek:] - so I don't intend to colour code mine....

You already know what I think mate! :p :D I think it makes it look classier! (y) One thing though I'd get a shot directly from the front that way people will see it even better. ;)

Ben R said:
You already know what I think mate! :p :D I think it makes it look classier! (y) One thing though I'd get a shot directly from the front that way people will see it even better. ;)

I tried that mate, but my photoshop skills aren't up to much, I was struggling to change black to anything as there is no real contrast...this was the best I could do (n)

I said yes... but I also agree with the last part of the No option :D. Best keep moving ;)

I voted yes (y) It looks nice. I would be unsure about doing it to my car because i'm already going for it enough as it is. Looks very good on your car Mike.

I voted No.

It breaks up the front of the car a little and complements the other black areas (base of wing mirrors, tyres, etc). Too much colour-coding can sometimes look OTT.

i vote yes...
looks a lot better, get the wing mirror backing , and the door upright done also..
fully coded on a stilo looks sleeker,sharper...

get a price on painting the grille,... i could do it for £25...spit ball mint
plus the postage costs both ways....

Last edited:
GHOST said:
i vote yes...
looks a lot better, get the wing mirror backing , and the door upright done also..
fully coded on a stilo looks sleeker,sharper...

get a price on painting the grille,... i could do it for £25...spit ball mint
plus the postage costs both ways....

What, with cans? :confused:

Last edited:
I would say that you should only do it if you can get the same quality finish as the bonnet. Even if it's slightly off (in either colour or sheen), then you could end up feeling disappointed with it.

But then again, if Ben does it, it should be perfect! :D

Back