Technical Cold weather central locking probs...

Currently reading:
Technical Cold weather central locking probs...

purf

Established member
Hi all

Due to the ice and cold weather - both our cinqs now have weird central locking issues. Both drivers door locks unlock and lock. The usual symptoms it seems, passenger side works ok though if your quick to open it...

I sprayed them with lots of wd40 to stop them from freezing solid - could this have upset the actuators at all?

I have read all the posts on this in the past, noticed one about bending and lengthening one of the rods connecting the lock actuator - anyone know if this is a good solution?

I have cleaned the mechanisms etc to no avail, is it a case of fitting another actuator?

Are the actuators identical on both doors or are they ‘handed’???

Also out of interest has anyone else had their heater blower motor fuse go? as that’s happened to both cars too!

Apart from this the cinqs have been really good in the ice and snow, not getting stuck like other cars on our road

thanks

jeremy

Because of the position of the blower, snow can get in causing them to blow the fuse.

Make sure the vents are completely clear before switching on.

Have you had the door cards off to sort your mechanisms?

Cheers

SPD

Hi rallycinq

yeah has the drivers card off both and given a clean, spray and wiggle about...

Was thinking of getting a new/second hand drivers side actuator but just checking its needed first.

one of those annoying little faults...

do you know if the actuators fit both sides? i imagine they do.

-

I was thinking ice had got into the blower motor.

Yep gave them a spray.

Im thinking i might take them out and clean them properly? that a good idea? does it usually solve the problem?

thanks

Jeremy

Ok - im going to take them out and see about cleaning / testing them.

I dont think they are still frozen, have been using my car quite a bit, but its possible.

Will report back...

Thanks

Jeremy

Last edited:
Back