Technical Cold start (runs ruff)

Currently reading:
Technical Cold start (runs ruff)

goldboy9

hello!

just wondering anyone eles get in cold starts your car drives like it miss fires for about 1 minute and then it drive normal.. only happens on cold starts or ant drove the car for like a whole day?

is it just the weather or need to plugs or?

Jord
happy new year guys

hello!

just wondering anyone eles get in cold starts your car drives like it miss fires for about 1 minute and then it drive normal.. only happens on cold starts or ant drove the car for like a whole day?

is it just the weather or need to plugs or?

Jord
happy new year guys

invest in new plugs & lead's.
plugs might be ok,but id change both,if you dont know age of these,

Sounds like me when i get out of bed on a morning:(
Once ive run round the block im pumping on all cylinders again though:D
Maybe your punto is a bit old and wheezy too;)
Of course aftermarket claptrap like air suckers that tell you they give 43% more torque dont help as they are just letting lots of cold air into the stoichiometric mix and puntos dont even have the benefit of a ait so your engine cant cope and hiccups

If its really cold just try driving the first mile on a light throttle
We had to contend with choke cables when we were yoooffs now they were a paiin for kangarooring

Last edited:
Let's hope it's not HG but I'm not hopeful. That said to run ruff for a full minute is a bit long for early HG failure.

Last edited:
As far as i know rough running comes from 1 of 3 things

compression related, weak compression or a blown HG, it affects the air sucked in too!

Lack of quality spark, means no sparky sparky to make the boomey boomey

The lack of injection, since the punto is also indirect, it pays to make sure there isn't blocking the air intake system, such as a blocked up butterlfy vavle

Ziggy

its very rarely that it does it im not going to lie and i have a ford focus indention kit on so its sucking more air then it should i guess so it chocks abit .. since wrote this ant done it yet

jord

Back