Tuning Coilies or lowering springs, and what brand?

Currently reading:
Tuning Coilies or lowering springs, and what brand?

The HGT uses 15-55 tyres and is dropped 30mm from standard so google some HGT pix and imagine a bit more drop.
You wont see the struts anyway so the type is immaterial to the look.

Not trying to hi jack this thread but has anyone any pics of a mk2 punto with 15 inch alloys and 45 tyres on with the FK AK Coilovers or the FK High Tec Coilovers, just at the money seem like good value

15 wheels not sure what his tyres are

DSCF5021.JPG

more pics in his gallery https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=45133&cat=500

Last edited:
Thats nice Dave what drop is that front and back, and coult you go lower if you wanted.

i wanted him to have it higher but he said it wasn't low enough so did it that far. it would go lower but its not practical on the road, he learnt the hard way even with it like that he bust his sump. no idea how low it is i forgot, i think we did do a before and after measurement, you have to ask him

Hi mate,

The e-bay ones are coilovers, making them adjustable. you can raise/lower the height to whatever you want. The other kit you have linked to is just an uprated suspension kit that will lower the punto 60mm at the front and 40mm at the rear.

i wanted him to have it higher but he said it wasn't low enough so did it that far. it would go lower but its not practical on the road, he learnt the hard way even with it like that he bust his sump. no idea how low it is i forgot, i think we did do a before and after measurement, you have to ask him

That Tims sporting dave?

Hope that helps,
Alan

Last edited:
Cheers folks for point that out, gonna go for the coilies...but before I buy them I'm just going to learn to slow down more at speed bumps :bang: got a bad habit of slowing down at the nick of time:(

dont forget you will nees to take car to some where like elite to have camber and tracking set right, after you fit them

Deffo will have it all done properly, going to give the car to my mechanic who sorted the car for its MOT last month, will let you all know when it's done...thanks again for the help :devil:

I mean he'll fit them and take it to a mate who has the lazy alignment system, had to have my wheels aligned for MOT as well, should've explained that my bad!

Most body shops will have the equipment. A crashed body shell is usually checked for alignment before they do any serious work.

Back