General Coil packs

Currently reading:
General Coil packs

abarthnotenough?

Hi all, can anyone tell me the best place to get the coil packs and how much? going to get one as a spare! cheers(y)

Can anyone tell me what manufacturer the coil packs from Shop4Parts.co.uk are? They don't mention Bosch etc...

If they are not branded, eg. chinese OEM, can anyone vouch for their quality?

I got quoted NZ$290 EACH COIL PACK!!! here in New Zealand...

The only way you can be sure what brand they are shipping right now is to contact them directly but all of them work straight out of the box and I must have had every make there is at one time or another

They all give out in the end through heat and high voltage stress breaking through the insulation

NB They are single separate coils and not a coil pack, I only say this as you want to be clear when you're ordering from overseas

Last edited:
My experience of Shop4parts is that they supply genuine FIAT spares. So if they sell you a Chinese coil (most unlikley I think) then you would be just as likely to get the same one from a FIAT dealer...

Thanks for your replies, sounds like I'll order them from there anyway. ESP since I can chuck some rear bushes in the pack for a few extra quid! :)

NB They are single separate coils and not a coil pack, I only say this as you want to be clear when you're ordering from overseas

Hehe thanks for the heads up! I am aware that I need 5 of them, I think each one is called a coil pack because the package contains dual windings and spark plug connector all in one unit compared to, (as you would obviously know) the old heli rotor distributor, coil and separate ignition leads system.

But yes I'll assume many people have made that mistake in the past since the website states "2.4 - you need 5!!" lol :idea:

new coil pack.JPG
This is a coil pack ie a pack of coils

coil new.JPG
Single coil

See if you can find a scrapped one (Do they have many in Auckland?) and whip out the coils to sling in your boot as spares. Anything is better than nothing when they break down ( and they will)

Last edited:
View attachment 92481
This is a coil pack ie a pack of coils

View attachment 92482
Single coil

See if you can find a scrapped one (Do they have many in Auckland?) and whip out the coils to sling in your boot as spares. Anything is better than nothing when they break down ( and they will)

Ahhh yes that does make more sense.

Not too many in Auckland, hence my reasons for buying 5 new. I will fit all new ones and then test resistance etc of old 5 and keep which ever ones are similar to new. Car should run sweet :)

Back