Technical coil pack

Currently reading:
Technical coil pack

Richq

Hi I've been reading the forum for a while now since I bought my 51 plate punto to rebuild. I am what you might call a diy person when it comes to anything, and now I'm stuck:mad: it's to do with the ECU and miss fireing now I've followed what advice has been given on here. I have change all aspects of it the key barrel,fuse box under the driver's side the ECU in the engine, but as I was doing so I noticed that I had pull the wires out of the coil pack literary out of the black plug and now I don't know which one goes in where and now the car wount start. Any help please.

order2.jpg

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/160069-ht-leads-diagram.html

Hi I've been reading the forum for a while now since I bought my 51 plate punto to rebuild. I am what you might call a diy person when it comes to anything, and now I'm stuck:mad: it's to do with the ECU and miss fireing now I've followed what advice has been given on here. I have change all aspects of it the key barrel,fuse box under the driver's side the ECU in the engine, but as I was doing so I noticed that I had pull the wires out of the coil pack literary out of the black plug and now I don't know which one goes in where and now the car wount start. Any help please.

My car has a three pin plug for a single coil pack
. The middle wire is the 12v coming from the fuse box relay and the other two are the wires going to the ECU. Once you have the middle wire connected then the outer two will only operate the engine when connected the correct way.

Front wire is black yellow. middle brown white. rear is brown black

Attachments

• P4030286.JPG
    P4030286.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P4030285.JPG
    P4030285.JPG
    519.7 KB · Views: 26
Thanks but mine is a 1.2 8v and the coil pack is 2 blocks the one I pulled the wires from is nearest the windscreen. So really need to know which one goes where. And if I put them in the wrong way would it damage the coil pack it self?.

Thanks but mine is a 1.2 8v and the coil pack is 2 blocks the one I pulled the wires from is nearest the windscreen. So really need to know which one goes where. And if I put them in the wrong way would it damage the coil pack it self?.

The coil packs are identical - just the HT leads and the timing signal is different, so so you can find which wire is live on the good plug with the ignition on when it is disconnected and then use that information to wire up the broken plug where one of those broken wires will be live with the ignition on - if you have not blown the fuse. Just to be clear, one wire for each coil plug is coming from the engine fuse box and should be 12V. The other wire goes to the ECU and gets grounded to create the spark.

Last edited:
Back