General CODE Card

Currently reading:
General CODE Card

tezmc

Hey

I bought my first car last night, a Mk2 Bravo 80 SX. It came with FSH, the 3 keys, including the red one etc, but no code card. I didn't know I needed it until I read about it in my users manual. Is it essential to have? My car has a JVC CD player in it, so doesnt have the original tape player anymore.

It doesn't come with the MK2 Bravo 98 onwards, only the MK1s came with the code card.

If you do ever need it for either replacing keys at fiat or for the emergency start you can obtain it from Fiat for a small fee.

Happy Motoring in your new car. Also try www.fiatboo.co.uk forums for Bravo advice.

There are 2 codes I believe. 1 for the Stereo and the other for the ECU etc.

Thanks for the info :). I'm registered on fiatboo too. When would I need it for an emergency start, and how is it used?

Emergency start is explained in the manual which you have. Easier to read than explain :D

HTH

PS I'm on BOO too

Ok, I've read it, and I reckon I should get a card just in case. Is it just a case of going down to the dealers?

I heard they dont have any codes as they were lost/deleted/burnt or something. I think its dependant on how old the car is. I could be wrong though.

My car is a V reg, which is 2000. How am I supposed to get a code card if they dont have the codes? :p

They do have the codes on the ISR, its an electronic database. There are infact 4 codes. One is the emergency start code, one is for a replacement key and two alarm key codes. However i presume your car has no alarm so it total you'll only have two codes.

All you need do to obtain the code is take your log book, perhaps a recent bill and full driving license and ask for the code card. They will get the info within a few days.

I doubt you will ever need the card, it was a security risk so they where removed from all MK2 bravos. Also they stuck the alarm codes to the keys on the MK2 and they dont keep them anymore.

Cost will be around £10 - £15.

IO knew it was something like that. Wasnt sure though. Explains why I havnt got one then :D

Back