Technical Clutch wont dissengage!?

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch wont dissengage!?

well dropped the gearbox yesterday to change the clutch due to bad wearing.. put the new clutch in that looked identical to the one that came off, anyway got it all back on lined up etc and then today got the drive shaft back ina nd putt the car back together went to reverse it and nouthing.. clutch pedal feels very light asif nouthing is there and doesnt seem to dissengage any one got any clues to as what could be going on?

Unless the clutch operating lever is on wrong, it sounds like the hydraulics. Bleed the clutch slave cylinder dont forget to top up the master reservior.

Unless the clutch operating lever is on wrong, it sounds like the hydraulics. Bleed the clutch slave cylinder dont forget to top up the master reservior.
the clutch lever is on correctly and you see it move the clutch bar thing over, and i havent had the hydrolic system off for air to get in so it shouldent need bleeding? everying that you can see i.e the clutch bar and hydrolic level etc move and works maybe something internally? bookin it in at a garage i know the guy said 120 to drop the gearbox out and look inside which im very pleased with as i dont fancy droppin the gearbox again! its such an awquard job

Did you check the gearbox input shaft? If the bearing is the slightest bit loose its failed and needs to be replaced. Seriously not kidding.

Did you check the gearbox input shaft? If the bearing is the slightest bit loose its failed and needs to be replaced. Seriously not kidding.

IF the Gearbox has got a wobbely Input Shaft
While its off
Get it fixed! Its cheaper to do it now before it goes back on again

if the bearing is failing, the Oil Seal will Get destroyed, the Clutch will get ruined, and so will the g.box as it overheats :)

Ziggy

Plus 1 for input shaft check mate :)

I wonder if the driven plate is in backwards? Just a thought.

this keeps playin in my mind what could it be... etc it makes no sence.. if the clutch isnt working the clutch level sould be easy to move right? also maybe it hasnt a lined properly.. if that is the case would i still be able to select gears? when i push the clutch pedal it moves the clutch level all the way over but you cant move it by hand im thinkingdo i put it in gear and try starting the car if it isnt aligned properly it could knock it into the correct place? every thing went in the way it came out and its just in my head what could it be..

Just on my way to bed but gonna write quick reply before I do :)

Its aligned properly (driven plate) as its back on the car....the input shaft has to go through the driven plate or its a no-go. Since the box is back on there, job done in that sense :)

With the engine not running you should be able to go through the gears with no bother, if you cant with it running then as you say, its not diss-engaging properly.

If you cant go through the gears with no engine running then it looks as if you may have a different issue. others will add to this (I hope) but no engine running means you can wizz through all gears in a split second normally.

It may be just a case of a gear cable not being on or perhaps swapped over wrongly if thats possible?

Let us know how you get on please mate :)

all the gears select perfectly with the engine off but with the engine on i push the clutch down the clutch level moves over but i cant select a gear see i cant move the clutch lever with my hand so theres got to be something there as its so hard to push i cant even move it by milimeters so its asif its there but not working..? its one of these things that by right it should be in perfect working order, at all goes and moves as it should.. but it isnt and its really pickin at my brains like

I recently had an issue where my clutch wouldn't disengaged - I called it stop start technology :p (stalling at lights to a stop:rolleyes:)

I bled my clutch slave cylinder and got Black fluid out, after bleeding it for a while, until the yellow/orange fluid came though, I was then able to disengage the clutch.

Not sure if this helps you i only had a quick look over past few posts :p
But i was able to change gears at certain rpm once moving...

well ive had a mechaninc come to look today he put in gear and started the car.. the car didnt even move he said he almost cetain the plates been put in wrong way but by doing that it would of bent the clutch.. how ever getting my car picked up and a new clutch put in tomorrow all for 118 vat included so i no longer have the head ache but brought some drink the the hole in the pocket haha!

just too let you all know the clutch plate wasnt lined up propely it was out by about 2MM and the gearbox input shaft pushed out the center of the clutch plate so ruined it completely... how ever its all been fixed now had a grage get a new clutch and do the work in 4 hour all for 118 pound so not too bad at all atleast its driveable now :D oh and a clutch i WONT be doing again... haha

Back