General Clutch slave cylinder bleeding

Currently reading:
General Clutch slave cylinder bleeding

Gizzybusy

Hi all , gear shifting is getting very stiff , I was told to bleed the clutch slave cylinder but the bleeding nipple seems to be moulded on to the slave cylinder and there is no hex head to undo it , nothing on google on how to on a fiorino ,any help will be appreciated , thanks

There is a clip that locks the hydraulic pipe into the cylinder. You need to pull that clip up and pull the pipe out just a little bit(don't take it out) and that should bleed out.

There is a clip that locks the hydraulic pipe into the cylinder. You need to pull that clip up and pull the pipe out just a little bit(don't take it out) and that should bleed out.

I was wondering if that was possible..

Clutches are weird.. I had one 20 years ago that was bone dry..!!

The independent supply was choked with crud.. took 60psi to shift it

Perfect after :)

Looks like you will need an assistant to bleed this well

Slacking off and controlling the pressure : flow could be tricky..

Good luck :)
Do let us know how it goes

This section

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-07-18-20-31-10.jpg
    Capture+_2020-07-18-20-31-10.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 65

Thanks , that's exactly what I did , once the hose is pulled out about 2 mm , the oil starts running out of the bleeding nepple .
After watching a few vids on how to , I came up with a better way of bleeding it .
Filling the reservoir to the top.
A flexy hose on the bleeding nepple into a bottle
Then pressurising the reservoir , which should push oil down all the way out to the bottle through the nepple. I'll give it a go sometimes this week.
Cheers

Well , I bled the clutch slave cylinder , still hard getting into reverse gear ( crunching ):and a little stiffer when changing gears while driving .
Changing gears while engine is off is good, this only happens when engine is running.
No sign of oil leaks on slave cylinder , mystery!!!!!

See topic "reverse gear crunching" particularly posts 10 and 11 which with similar symptoms to yours, put it down to clutch release springs/fingers and remedied it with a new clutch.
My crunching disappeared over the winter but has just started to reappear with commuting in the hot weather. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a new clutch sooner or later.
Well , I bled the clutch slave cylinder , still hard getting into reverse gear ( crunching ):and a little stiffer when changing gears while driving .
Changing gears while engine is off is good, this only happens when engine is running.
No sign of oil leaks on slave cylinder , mystery!!!!!

Hello, same problem. Besa says, There is a clip that locks the hydraulic pipe into the cylinder. You need to pull that clip up and pull the pipe out just a little bit(don't take it out) and that should bleed out. I took it out. Is it so bad? What you think is problem of seal on top of clutch slave cylinder. I cant put yet photos, but I have them in myalbum COMFORT-MATIC.

Hello, do you have idea what is this clutch slave cylinder oil leaking problem? Is it seal on top of clutch slave cylinder?

I've had 2 confirmations from 2 different mechanics " gearbox " on its way .
I haven't changed it yet , changing sometimes stiff sometimes not , to reverse I have to put into 2nd then yank it to reverse ( it works without any crunching ) .
A 2nd hand gearbox about £150 plus £150 labour.
Well I'm still driving it until I find a good 2nd hand gearbox then do it.

Parts. Is anybody knows why oil leaks out from this part? What is this green ring size?

Hello Luigi, replace the cylinder ... How? Is there place where to buy this silinder with O-ring?
Emil

Back