Technical Clutch release bearing Stilo Abarth Selespeed

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch release bearing Stilo Abarth Selespeed

In pratica, è necessario cambiare l'olio solo se si deve scollegare il sistema SeleSpeed per qualche motivo.

Aggiornamento: purtroppo a VALEO non interessa non ci aiuta con la riproduzione del cuscinetto reggispinta specifico per selespeed cod. 46762373.
A questo punto, come scritto in alcuni post, bisogna arrangiarsi costruendo il cuscinetto con una guarnizione molto resistente con l'aiuto di un buon meccanico.
Ringraziamo di cuore VALEO per la collaborazione!! Fanculo!!

Not sure who's saying what in foreign lingo, and I am not going to rely on a translation, but I deliberately bought my Stilo Abarth with a manual box as I was acutely aware of numerous issues with the Selespeed box :unsure:.

As I am now a convert to modern Automatics (noting for example I was brought up on the likes of 2 speed Cresta Autos) I would have preferred a 'modern' auto, but that was not going to be the case with the Stilo. However there are a number of folk who do have Selespeed's, and which after a ~20 year period of use will need some refurbishment. If the change of the slave cylinder keeps them running, then availably is essential. Consequently any assistance in identifying a good working replacement unit will aid a number of folk on here immensely :cool:.

Right, I've sat back for a while.

This is a bearing, is it not?

This is nothing especially special.

Bearings have been rebuilt before, they will be again.

Any idea where I can get a Fck'ed bearing to look at and repair?

Alternatively, lets get it 3D Scanned and CNC'ed?

wouldnt it be easier to adapt some tilton clutch cylinder or something ? maybe it would hold the pressure ? or just convert to ducato style system with master cilider being actuated by hydraulic pressure and then pussing brake fluid to slave cylinder in the gearbox ? as it would reduce pressure.

wouldnt it be easier to adapt some tilton clutch cylinder or something ? maybe it would hold the pressure ? or just convert to ducato style system with master cilider being actuated by hydraulic pressure and then pussing brake fluid to slave cylinder in the gearbox ? as it would reduce pressure.
It would need to be electronic IMO - changing to hydraulic would be a right pain, you'd essentially need to have an electronically operated go-between as the clutch is all electric on the selespeeds.

The selespeed clutch concentric slave cylinder is hydraulic in operation with an electronic sensor which signals the position of the clutch release bearing very accurately.

The selespeed clutch concentric slave cylinder is hydraulic in operation with an electronic sensor which signals the position of the clutch release bearing very accurately.
not that accurately as it counts only 0.001mm accuracy so whats your point ? the same applies to ducato clutch cylinder as it also has stroke sensor which tell shaft movement by 0.001 mm
ducato x250 selespeed system is 90% identical to stilo`s with few points that were changed through the years as ducato adapted 6spd gearbox and has mater slave clutch cylinder instead of just slave.
also the reference point in hydraulic circuit doesnt matter as long as the circuit is even so if you measure the stroke of masster cilinder it corresponds with the stroke of slave cilinder.
the only question would be if the stroke sensor from ducato master cylinder would suffice for selespeed ecu to work ?

Last edited:
not that accurately as it counts only 0.001mm accuracy so whats your point ? the same applies to ducato clutch cylinder as it also has stroke sensor which tell shaft movement by 0.001 mm
ducato x250 selespeed system is 90% identical to stilo`s with few points that were changed through the years as ducato adapted 6spd gearbox and has mater slave clutch cylinder instead of just slave.
also the reference point in hydraulic circuit doesnt matter as long as the circuit is even so if you measure the stroke of masster cilinder it corresponds with the stroke of slave cilinder.
the only question would be if the stroke sensor from ducato master cylinder would suffice for selespeed ecu to work ?
And also, if hooking it up to the brake system would cause other issues re brakes.
I'm speaking to Valeo and a few people to try and get some details why they won't sell.

When I spoke to them earlier, they have told me it is because not many people will buy.

So I think I need to ask them - how many would need to be purchased for us to have a production run done!

And also, if hooking it up to the brake system would cause other issues re brakes.
I'm speaking to Valeo and a few people to try and get some details why they won't sell.

When I spoke to them earlier, they have told me it is because not many people will buy.

So I think I need to ask them - how many would need to be purchased for us to have a production run done!
it wouldnt cause any issues to brake system as its standalone you even have another reservoir to fill brake fluid for clutch on ducato

Hello i,'m from Greece and I know the 1 of 2 stilo abarth Selespeed which are here we have the same problem
I have take a manual valeo part and modify to Selespeed my self but it works only for 300/350 km cause the main oil seal is different manual is working with low pressure from brakes system but Selespeed is working with high pressure 75w gear oil so I try to find someone that can construct the oil seal which is from hbrn material or viton which is much better quality and will give a solution for many years of use.
Did you happen to solve the problem? If yes how? Thanks

Hi I am from Poland also I have an abarth selespeed I would also be interested in buying this part, I think there are also a few owners in Poland who have abarth selespeed. The only problem is getting everyone involved across Europe to action.

Guys, what if conversion from selespeed to manual was more easy than getting this part ?

We could make a guide ?, I think a guy did it in the past ..

Guys, what if conversion from selespeed to manual was more easy than getting this part ?

We could make a guide ?, I think a guy did it in the past ..
yes, but then you need to update the vehicle registration document at the motorisation

The problem is
1. The bearing
2. Oil leaking
3. The sensor

How to get these 3 parts ?
Maybe it's possible to buy a bearing but the rest ?

Back