Technical Clutch release bearing noise

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch release bearing noise

Joosh94

I have had to have a engine swap due to overheating and the mechanic said the clutch release is making a noise because he couldn't get inside to grease it up. Now it is getting seriously annoying so I was just wondering if it is worth getting a whole new clutch kit or is there a way if getting just the clutch release bearing???

You'll probably find that the release fingers have been chewed by the bearing anyway especially if you can feel a slight hard spot on the pedal travel.

Pedal trave should be smooth, Any tight spots are an early warning of trouble usually where the release bearing bears on the release levers.If they break it can make a hard spot for the pedal and even an audible click at the gearbox.

I have had to have a engine swap due to overheating and the mechanic said the clutch release is making a noise because he couldn't get inside to grease it up. Now it is getting seriously annoying so I was just wondering if it is worth getting a whole new clutch kit or is there a way if getting just the clutch release bearing???

As Andy says.

But what the mechanic is saying doesn't make a lot of sense -- you don't grease clutch release bearings, and the release arms don't make a noise.

Only way to tell is to drop the gearbox. Since the labour is the most expensive (or painfull!) part, it maskes sense to replace the whole lot. If you don't ride the clutch it should be fine for another 60k miles.

Back