Technical Clutch Punto MK1

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch Punto MK1

carlos1981

Hiya all,

Just noticed a small noise when my clutch is fully down. I have no problem changing gear, and no noise when i come to bite, so it doesn't sound too major, but it bugs me!!

It sounds like a creaking noise, sorry i can't describe it much better... Only when the clutch is fully depressed.

Any help'd be great,

Carl.

Cheers for that, will get down the garage at the weekend and get them to have a look. Can't do the job till mid march anyway, coz i'm skint already!!!

its the release bearing low on grease, it doesnt effect its performance but its a gearbox off job to get rid of the noise, so not worth it unless replacing the whole clutch at the same time.

Live with it, ignore it and when you need a new clutch get it sorted then.

:yeahthat:

release bearing will wear even quicker with no grease in it, but there is no point lubing it or replacing just that as a bearing costs about£20 for a new one, and a whole NEW (not recon) clutch kit inc the plates, release bearing and thrust thing (or is that the same thing, anyway its a three part job) costs about £40 new on ebay.

faster4_tec said:
:yeahthat:

release bearing will wear even quicker with no grease in it, but there is no point lubing it or replacing just that as a bearing costs about£20 for a new one, and a whole NEW (not recon) clutch kit inc the plates, release bearing and thrust thing (or is that the same thing, anyway its a three part job) costs about £40 new on ebay.
The cheap ones on ebay I doubt are very good, proberbly a remanufactored clutch.

Valeo are the best available for the price imo as well as most people too.

ok, went to the garage last night to ask them to look at i, no noise!!

Got in this morning, noise is back!!

The garage said the same, not a major problem, but it will mean that i can't get into gear one day!!!

Valeo Kits i seen new for £76 on shop4parts.co.uk, so if i need one, i'll shop round, but it'll have to wait!!!

Cheers for the advice,

Carl.

carlos1981 said:
ok, went to the garage last night to ask them to look at i, no noise!!

Got in this morning, noise is back!!

The garage said the same, not a major problem, but it will mean that i can't get into gear one day!!!

Valeo Kits i seen new for £76 on shop4parts.co.uk, so if i need one, i'll shop round, but it'll have to wait!!!

Cheers for the advice,

Carl.
The clutch plate will be worn by then, forget about it, just dont sit in traffic with your foot on the clutch to save wearing it out in the mean time.

Catseyes said:
The clutch plate will be worn by then, forget about it, just dont sit in traffic with your foot on the clutch to save wearing it out in the mean time.

Already on that one!! I thikn as a new driver, i was over using it, so it's getting less use, even if i'm sitting in neutral with no handbrake..

Just a quick update,

The AA were in my local ASDA on Saturday, so i asked them to look, one of them was a FIAT mechanic, they confirmed it was clutch, but said it souns like i've got a few months till it goes anyway! so will get it done in April unless it gets really bad before then!!

Cheers for the help.

Carl.

Back