Clutch probs any idea's

Currently reading:
Clutch probs any idea's

M

mab

Hi Guys,

My clutch is playing up on my HGT... clucth pedal stays depressed and i can not engage any gears ? if i pump it a few times then it comes back up ? has happened twice on start up and twice whilst out and about.

Any idea's ? i think it might be air\master cylinder ? or my brake\clucth fluid was a little low...topped it up and hope that does the trick...

Mark

clutch probs

if u have lost fluid there must b a reason there should b 2 cylinders 1 near the clutch bell housing & 1 at the bulk head 1 of these cylinders r leaking or could b both but most prob the 1 at the bell housing. must b replaced

exrovermech

How much?

Hi exrovertech,

How much is that little one going to cost? there does seem to be some liquid at the base of the engine... not checked it today though....

cheers for the advice

Mark

clutch probs

soz can't tell u how much, been a couple of yrs since i worked in garage i should imagine though if u take it 2 fiat franchise u'll pay top rate pos £50 labour costs plus parts

exrovermech

more fluid lost

Hi John,

Cheers for that, I filled up the fluid and have awoken to a nice little puddle this morning... is it a big job? how many hours?

Not taking it to Fiat...

Have mailed MrClutch for a quote...

cheers

Mark

more fluid loss

i can't say how much they will charge but b careful i have heardsay they try 2 say other things wrong with ur motor 2 up the cost.they prey on people who don,t know much about cars.

exrovermech