Technical Clutch Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch Problem

beaky30

Hi last night when driving home from work i thought that my clutch felt too loose on my car (1996 R Reg Punto) I made it nearly all the way home then had to stop as i wasnt getting any bite. I called my other half who came out to me and all the fluid had gone. (Had this problem before) We topped it up and pumped the clutch untill it was feeling tighter and made our way home. I checked the fluid this morning before starting off and again when i got to work and it was still ok. The problem is my clutch is feeling quite loose again. Does anyone have any advice on what it might be? I have a 50 mile round trip to work every day and to be honest not enjoying driving my punto at the moment! Thanks! (I also put this in the technical bit as wasnt sure where to post)

You need to bleed the system when you put the new fluid in, release the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder and pump intil fluid rather than air come out.

Then you need to find the leak,

It can only be one of three componenets.

The master cylinder, the pipe or the slave cylinder.

Replace whichever has failed.

Cheers

D

If there is no signs of fluid leaks it might be the master cylinder. Due to wear & tear on older cars the seals can suck in air.

If there is no signs of fluid leaks it might be the master cylinder. Due to wear & tear on older cars the seals can suck in air.

Hi all, i also now have an issue similar to this. I bled the clutch again, the fluid was Black, but yellow/orange in the reservoir.. How easy is the 'Master Cylinder' to replace?

Something here might help
[ame="http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=punto+replace+clutch+master+cyl"]punto replace clutch master cyl - Google Search[/ame]

Looked into costs £88 for the part - £106 after VAT added:bang:
Can't even afford the part(n) the clutch has very little pressure - my other thought was that the clutch was going, but the black fluid made me think it's the master cylinder as the fluid is less than a year old(n)

Clutch going or Master cylinder going? i can afford the clutch but don't want to fork out on something that would other wise last another few thousand miles..

Back