Technical Clutch Petal Creak, is it release bearing or Actuator, Pics

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch Petal Creak, is it release bearing or Actuator, Pics

melliottuk

My Punto clutch pedal has been creaking for some time now. I rang up Dr Clutch and they said puntos have a very weak clutch release bearing, so i though its the clutch on the way out.

Anyway today i got someone to push the clutch up and down why i tried to source the noise. This i what i found.

MElliottuk-errggg.jpg

The noise seems to come from the Actuator, what is this called?

Is this a big job, eg should i replace the clutch too?

I have removed the rubber cover and put oil grease and WD40 down it, it is now quite (should have done this ages ago).

Thanks

Sorry picture doesnt seem to work, the place hosting it is very slow, hopefully it will work later.

The car is a 2001 MK2 1.2 8v mia

Thats the clutch slave cylinder, get a new one of shop 4 parts for around £20 and its only only two bolts to change. Then just bleed ur clutch slave and it should sort out the problem.

From looking at the slave cylinders, i would say it looks more like a MK1 one.

I have a 2001 MK2 1.2 8v mia - does this mean i deffo need the MK2 part or have they retrofitted old mk1 parts to my car?

My car is abit funny with parts, eg oil filters and cam-belts can sometimes be MK1 parts.

Also the hydraulic fluid tank is to the back left of the bonnet, whereas my manual says its right of the air filter.

Thanks

Yeh mines a mk2 sporting and the fluid tank is to the back left of the bonnet aswell mate, they all are on the mk2's i think. And no i don't think a mk1 slave will fit, just buy a new mk2 one of shop 4 parts and try it.

Back