Technical Clutch pedal

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch pedal

I've recently noticed now weather permitting I've actually been able to drive with my drivers side window down and not get hyperthermia , that when I push the clutch in I hear a clicky ratchet type noise from outside the car, it's quite quiet just wandering if it's something to be concerned about? Clutch works perfectly by the way??

Thanks in advance guys ?

Sent from my iPad Air using FIAT Forum

Could be the release bearing or release levers or both. Open the bonnet and get someone to press the clutch and see if any clicking noise from the gear box/bellhousing area and now do it with the motor running.

I've got the EXACT same noise, just sounds like a small spring compressing and decompressing. As long as my clutch is working I haven't bothered about it.

Had a strange noise once just after my clutch was replaced in my Bravo. turns out a pipe which has the fluid in was not fixed to the chassis like it should have been so every time you pushed the clutch down the pipe knocked against its mount. Quick trip back to the garage and they pushed it back into its mount and no more noise.

Not sure if this is relevant to Punto though.

try dribbling some engine oil or 3 in 1 oil down the shaft that enters the gearbox
wipe up your dribbles
push pedal down 20 times
its quite often the plastic bush scraping on the arm

Back