General clutch pedal

Currently reading:
General clutch pedal

sc4rf4ce

I recently got a 97 model punto as a project car. The clutch pedal is completely free, no resistance at all.
Would this be a case of bleeding the clutch system or replacing both cylinders.
ive had a look at the slave cylinder already, and there seems to be plenty of fluid in it.
but the stupid thing is i cant quite find the master cylinder to check the levels
from there.
anyone any suggestions on what could be wrong?

if your standing in front of the engine you will see the resivoir on the left side of the bulk head, it had 2 wires going into it and a rubber button thing ontop.,
if there is fluid in the resivoir and you can see fluid leaking from the slave then that would be what id change first.,

i was looking at that the other day, the fluid looked a little low in that. so the punto shares the same master cylinder for the brakes and the clutch i presume?

yep, the brake lines could be the problem also., there common to leak., have a look behind the wheels and se if theres any leaks at the brakes too.,

will do cheers. i remember when i towed it home, the brake pedal was very tight with plenty of resistance. so it may just be a clutch cylinder problem.
so a new slave cylinder is more than likely going to resolve the issue?

cheers for your help. i thought as much.
fiat tried to charge me 75 euro for a new one.
off to the scrap yard for me so.

Back